Intel’s users have barely got their hands on the 12th Gen Alder Lake laptops and it would appear that Raptor Lake is already here. According to a leaked launch schedule, Intel will announce new 13th Gen Mobile CPUs next month during CES 2023.
Intel Will Likely Announce 13th Gen Raptor Lake CPUs During CES 2023
The leaked launch schedule for Intel’s Raptor Lake Mobile indicates that the company will announce the 13th Gen H-series, P-series, and U-series chips on 3rd January 2023. In the same event, Intel is also expected to launch several other Raptor Lake products alongside Alder Lake-N, and new 13th Gen CPUs for workstations & commercial use.
Check the complete (leaked) Announcement and Release schedule below,
- Raptor Lake Series H/HX: Announcement and Release on January 3, 2023
- Raptor Lake-P: Announcement on January 3, 2023, and Release on January 29, 2023
- Raptor Lake-U: Announcement on January 3, 2023, and Release throughout January 3, 2023 – March 15, 2023
- Raptor Lake-S (non-K): Announcement on January 3, 2023
- Alder Lake-N: Announcement and Release on January 3, 2023
- 13th Gen Core for Consumer, H770, B760: Announcement and Release on January 3, 2023
- 13th Gen Core for Commercial, Workstations: Announcement on January 3, 2023
I’m a bit surprised to see H-series chips launching alongside U-series and P-series, but now this falls right in line with Alienware’s upcoming 18-inch laptop unveil timeline and from the looks of it, a 13th Gen H-series i9 CPU is a huge possibility for that device. Alongside Dell’s Alienware, other gaming laptop brands like ASUS’ ROG, Acer’s Predator, Lenovo’s Legion, etc., should also bring some new Raptor Lake gaming laptops following Intel’s CES press event.
Compared to the 12th Gen Alder Lake CPUs, I expect Raptor Lake to gain a significant performance boost while being more power efficient at the same time. Intel’s 12th Gen CPUs did terribly with Windows 11 when it came to energy efficiency, and I hope the 13th Gen chips won’t repeat the same.