Competition abounds in every sphere of the computing world, from graphics cards to CPUs, displays to operating systems.
Despite such competitive dynamics, Windows continues to reign and hold its own special place for many users.
Today, when you head out to purchase a computer, you are likely to be faced with the million-dollar question: Windows or Mac OS? Traditionally, Mac has been popular with creative folk and art students.
Animators, photographers, filmmakers, etc., lean toward the audio-visual grandeur that Mac delivers and how.
It also boasts of design superiority and has consistently committed to standing out when it comes to build and construction.
However, a lot has changed in recent times. Mac has become more mainstream and aligned itself with the needs of versatile audiences.
Windows, too, has embraced the latest multimedia technologies and become more adept at catering to contemporary needs such as wireless streaming and content editing. This is why choosing between the two is more complex than ever.
- Our Picks: 10 Best Windows 11 Laptop 2021
- 1. Dell Inspiron 13 5310 Windows 11 Laptop
- 2. ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 OLED Windows 11 Laptop
- 3. ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16 OLED Windows 11 Pro Laptop
- 4. ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLED Windows 11 Pro Laptop
- 5. ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 16 OLED Win 11 Pro Laptop
- 6. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Windows 11 Home Laptop
- 7. Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro 16 Windows 11 Pro Laptop
- 8. Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Cheap Windows 11 Laptop
- 9. Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14 2-in-1 Windows 11 Laptop
- 10. Lenovo Ideapad 1 Windows 11 in S Mode Laptop
- Mac OS or Windows?
- Top Reasons to Purchase a Windows 11 Laptop
- Closing Note
Our Picks: 10 Best Windows 11 Laptop 2021
In this article, we have collected the ten best Windows 11 laptops in the marketplace today, across form factors, screen sizes and budgets.
Most of the big names in the computing world have products that run on Windows, largely because it remains the operating system of choice for many audiences.
You should take a pick based on your priorities such as performance, portability and display. That said, you will be getting home the familiarity and user-friendliness of Windows, infused with some of the finest technologies in computing.
1. Dell Inspiron 13 5310 Windows 11 Laptop
The Dell Inspiron 13 5310 is the ultimate latest device from Dell, integrated with a compact 13.3” QHD+ display with 1600p screen resolution and an anti-glare display with 300 nits brightness.
It is powered by the latest 11th Generation Intel Core i5-11320H Processor with Intel Iris Xe graphics with shared graphics memory to enable you to experience the ultimate user experience, especially when it comes to productivity and the ultimate user experience.
The device is also integrated with 512GB SSD of storage with 8GB onboard memory for unmatched data transfer and storage. It runs on Windows 11 Home operating system.
Not only is the device backed with the latest features, it is also part of the Intel Evo platform for optimal battery life, performance and responsiveness in the device.
2. ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 OLED Windows 11 Laptop
Superior design, responsive performance and ultimate visuals, that is what the ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 stands for.
Not only does the device feature a lightweight and premium design, it also stands out with respect to the performance and overall productivity like no other.
The best part of this device is the fact that it is powered by the latest Intel Core i5-11300H Processor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max Q graphics.
That’s not all, the device is equipped with a 15.6” OLED FHD display with 4-sided nano-edge bezels with 84% screen to body ratio.
You also get to make the most out of the device with the 512GB SSD of storage and 8GB RAM for faster storage and memory and runs on the Windows 11 operating system for quicker access to all the Microsoft apps and products.
3. ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16 OLED Windows 11 Pro Laptop
If you are a content creator on the hunt for the best device with Windows 11 operating system, the ASUS ProArt StudioBook 16 is an option worth considering.
The device is powered by the latest AMD Ryzen R9 5900HX processor with up to 3.3 GHz clock speed.
Thanks to the NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 with 6GB VRAM, you won’t have to worry about graphics performance.
The device is equipped with a non-conventional 16” OLED display with 2400p screen resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio and 400 nits brightness for the ultimate user experience.
Besides all that, the ProArt StudioBook 16 is integrated with 1TB SSD of storage and 32GB RAM for the ultimate user experience. The device is ideal for digital artists and online content creators who want to make the most out of the graphics-intensive applications that are available.
4. ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 OLED Windows 11 Pro Laptop
If you are on the hunt for a compact and lightweight laptop that you can carry with you on the go, the ASUS VivoBook Pro 14 is a pretty great option.
This is one of the few laptops from ASUS that comes equipped with a 14” WQXGA+ OLED display with 1800p screen resolution and 400 nits brightness.
Besides that, the device is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 graphics with RTX Studio ready feature for superior graphics and responsiveness. The device is integrated with a range of amazing connectivity options, both wireless and the I/O ports.
The combination of 1TB SSD of storage and 16GB RAM contributes to faster storage and memory functions paired with the Windows 11 Pro operating system. You also get to make the most out of the device with the Pantone validated display and extensive connectivity options.
5. ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 16 OLED Win 11 Pro Laptop
Reiterating on the other version of the ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 16 device that we have included; this one is an upgraded version.
The device offers the same basic features, including the 16” OLED display with PANTONE validated color accuracy.
It is also powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor with NVIDIA RTX 2000 GPU for superior performance without any glitches or delays. Pair that with the high-quality military-grade construction and you won’t have to compromise on the durability.
The only standout difference in this device is the expanded storage and memory with 2TB SSD and 32GB. The device is a little on the expensive end, however, given the configurations, especially with the RAM and Storage, you won’t have to compromise on quality.
6. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 Windows 11 Home Laptop
Lenovo is one of those few brands that is consistently listening to their consumer needs and bringing out devices to match their utilities.
The Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 is one of those few multipurpose laptops that are worth every penny you spend on the device.
Besides the ultimate and unique design and construction with the staple backlit keyboard, the device stands out in terms of functionalities too.
The AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor with 6 ultra-responsive cores contributes to uncompromising performance with the best RAM management.
The device is equipped with a 15.6” FHD display with 1080p screen resolution with vibrant and vivid color reproduction. The 256GB SSD of storage can be a little unrelenting for some users, but the 8GB RAM makes up for it, especially given the mid-range price point and the Windows 11 Home Operating system.
7. Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro 16 Windows 11 Pro Laptop
Another Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 11 Pro that is worth mentioning is the Lenovo Ideapad 5i Pro 16.
This is ideally crafted for the professionals who want to experience the absolute best performance without unnecessary lags and delays with the device.
Thanks to the 15.6” QHD display with 2.5K support and 16:10 aspect ratio, you won’t have to compromise on the visual experience of the device.
Most of all, it enables you to widen your perspective and make the most out of your user experience with the Intel Core i5-11300H processor and NVIDIA GeForce MX450 GPU.
Best of all, the device is integrated with 512GB SSD of storage with 16GB RAM for the ultimate multitasking experience without any complications or compromise. The device is currently sold with the Windows 11 Pro operating system.
8. Dell Inspiron 15 3511 Cheap Windows 11 Laptop
Not everyone has the budget to spend over a $1000 on a laptop. And, if you are one of them and want to snag a mid-range laptop with Windows 11 OS, the Dell Inspiron 15 3511 is your perfect choice, both in terms of design and construction and the overall user experience.
The device is powered by the latest 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor with up to 4.2GHz clock speed for the ultimate and unstoppable performance.
It is backed with the Intel Iris Xe graphics with shared graphics memory that does get the job done well.
Besides that, the Inspiron 15 is equipped with a 15.6” FHD anti-glare LED backlit non-touch display with narrow bezels for a superior user experience.
The device is integrated with the unconventional combination of 256GB SSD of storage with 12GB RAM.
9. Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14 2-in-1 Windows 11 Laptop
Another worthy mention of Lenovo devices priced under $1000 but integrated with the latest Windows 11 OS has to include the Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 14.
This one is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor with AMD Radeon 7 graphics for the ultimate performance without unnecessary lags and delays.
As for the visuals, the Ideapad Flex 5 is equipped with a 14” touch display for superior visual responsiveness with vivid color reproduction.
Backed with the IPS panel technology, the device is integrated with the high-definition visual experience.
Besides that, the Flex 5 is integrated with 256GB SSD of storage with 16GB RAM for versatility and uninterrupted performance without any complications. Also, the flexible 360-degree hinge makes work a lot more seamless.
10. Lenovo Ideapad 1 Windows 11 in S Mode Laptop
While you will come across a range of laptops in the market integrated with the Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro operating system.
The Lenovo Ideapad 1 is one of the few devices that works on the Windows 11 in S mode, making it a standout device in itself.
The device is one of the cheapest Windows 11 laptops in the market, ideal for students to tackle their assignments and virtual classes.
The Ideapad 1 is powered by the Intel Celeron N4020 Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 600 for standard performance and productivity throughout the day.
Besides that, the device is equipped with a 14” HD display with 768p screen resolution for crisp visuals with true to life color reproduction.
The laptop is further integrated with 64GB eMMC flash storage with 4GB RAM, which is a pretty great deal for the kind of price you are paying. As mentioned, it runs on the Windows 11 in S mode and is available in Ice Blue color variant.
- 10 Best 13 Inch Laptops
- The 10 Best 15 Inch Laptops
- Top 10 Best Laptops for Video Editing
- 10 Best Laptops for College Students
Mac OS or Windows?
Ask a Mac loyalist or an Apple enthusiast, and they will tell you: this is simply a moot question. Mac laptops have an overwhelming edge when it comes to design, intuitive gestures, and flair for multimedia.
Likewise, if you ask someone who has always used a Windows PC, they may talk fondly of the comfort, straightforward customization, and familiar work environment. Most commonly used applications and software for business work easily on a Windows platform, and it is easy to install things and get going.
The consensus: Both groups have massive fan followings, and the choice ultimately depends upon you. Historically, the ground rule has been to purchase a MacBook if:
- You need to perform heavy-duty multimedia work
- You have a thing for beautiful design, construction and aesthetics
- You want a vivid, bright and meticulous display
- You value exemplary customer support (Apple Stores and Apple Geniuses have a reputation for being immensely helpful and going the extra mile for customers)
- You want a secure experience free of malware and viruses
- You are willing to pay a huge premium for the above advantages
Much of the above pointers still hold water, although several Windows laptops are now competent enough at A/V work and have build qualities that are drop-dead gorgeous. On the security front too, Windows has become stronger and has provisions to protect your system from unauthorized access and data theft.
Therefore, it is best to choose based on the OS you feel more comfortable using. The specifications will matter a great deal, especially the processor, RAM support and available storage.
You should also consider the additional advantages you get, such as insurance, accident coverage and accessories. Since many users move to a newer or more advanced model in two years, it is wise to consider the entire package while making a purchase decision.
Top Reasons to Purchase a Windows 11 Laptop
Now that we have put this in context, what are some of the driving factors for Windows-based computers? Here is a quick check-list of reasons that sway the scales toward Windows:
- Price: Typically, a Windows 1 laptop comes in at a much lower price than a MacBook. If you are on a tight budget but value performance and design, getting a Windows PC can be a good choice. One of the cheapest Mac OS computers you can get is the MacBook Air, and it still comes in at around $1000. But sturdy and high-performing Windows laptops can be bought in the $500–$1000 range.
- Customization: If you have used a Mac PC, you know this: they can be painful to upgrade or customize unless you have access to the exact parts that Apple has manufactured. Windows laptops are far easier to tinker with and can be customized to your needs.
- Gaming: If you are looking to buy a gaming laptop, Windows is the preferred choice for many. It supports graphics cards and plenty of gaming peripherals—something that isn’t straightforward on Mac. The latter uses inbuilt graphics and simply does not support as many AAA games as Windows.
- Microsoft Office: Yes, the good old suite with applications like Word and Excel is still popular in both the academic and the professional world. If you need to use it regularly, you will find it works best on a Windows laptop. The overall experience is more stable and reliable.
- Keyboard: While opinions vary on this one, some users are less than satisfied with the butterfly-mechanism keyboard on the new line-up of MacBooks. You might prefer the keyboards on Windows laptops if you need to do a lot of typing, number crunching, data entry, etc.
- Connectivity: If you tend to connect to several peripherals such as external displays, USB devices, etc., a full array of ports is essential. Windows laptops often have inbuilt USB-A and USB-C ports, besides HDMI and SD card readers. MacBooks still have some catching up to do here, although you can now avail of USB-C ports. You will have to tow along your USB-C adapter for everything else, which can be quite a bother. Apple is keen on slimming down its laptops, which is one reason it skimps on ports and connections.
When you purchase a Windows 11 laptop, you have a head-start on performance vis-à-vis multitasking, speed and productivity. In the world of operating systems, Windows has long been a frontrunner.
Today, even amidst a lot of competition, it has retained a distinct space. Many users prefer Windows for the familiarity it brings to the table, while others love the cost-effectiveness. The laptops on this list bring to you the very best this OS has to deliver.
They can fit multiple lifestyles and requirements, from students looking for portable, multi functional computers to business people who need a versatile device to stay connected.
You must choose based on your considerations as one shoe will not fit all. For instance, if mobility is paramount for you, you can consider the Lenovo Flex 5.
But if watching your budget is the most critical lookout, then you can settle for a computer like the Dell Inspiron 3511. (Note: You should also watch the screen-size here, and perhaps pick an Ultrabook if compactness is crucial to your lifestyle.)
Whichever laptop you finally choose should adapt to your daily routine, simplify day-to-day tasks and be straightforward while doing it. Just like the promise of good old Windows.