Several years ago, a white laptop was associated with sophistication and creativity. Apple pioneered the white look and feel in its MacBook line-up, and design professionals flocked to own one of these ultra-powerful devices. White, in fact, became synonymous with Apple for a long time.
A lot has changed since then, and several computer brands have now come up with white laptops.
If something has not altered, it is what the color continues to stand for: class, subtlety, and an evergreen sense of style.
In the rapidly changing laptop market, different brands compete on many fronts. Along with processor specifications, display standards and premium features, design continues to be an important differentiating factor.
Lately, color has emerged as the primary lookout for many buyers; vibrant shades like reds, deep blues, and bright pinks have flooded the market. These laptops promise to grant their users a unique sense of identity, helping them stand out in a crowd.
However, these colorful devices also come with an inherent limitation: they may not suit every occasion or every user. Let us understand this in some depth.
Many business people, for example, would not want to be seen with a red laptop in a serious meeting, fearing that the color would stir up associations of casualness.
A white laptop, on the other hand, is much more versatile, usually managing to be stylish enough for students as well as business-like enough for professionals.
White computers are also one step ahead of other classic shades like black and grey, which might come across as mundane.
Finally, white laptops come with a fair degree of future readiness/insurance. As times and trends continue to change, white is less likely to lose its relevance, making this an investment you will not regret.
- Our Picks: 10 Best White Laptops of 2021
- 1. LG Gram 14Z90P – Best White Laptop
- 2. ASUS VivoBook S15 S533 Dreamy White Laptop
- 3. MSI Prestige 14 – Best MSI White Laptop
- 4. ASUS VivoBook S13 13-inch White Laptop
- 5. LG Ultra PC 13U70P White Laptop
- 6. MSI Summit E13 Flip Pure White Laptop
- 7. ConceptD 3 Ezel Convertible White Laptop
- 8. MSI Stealth 15M White Gaming Laptop
- 9. Alienware m15 R4 and m17 R4 – Best White Gaming Laptop
- 10. ConceptD 7 Ezel Most Powerful White Laptop
- Is a White Laptop Right For You?
- White vs. Color Laptop: Things to Remember While Purchasing
- Final Word
Our Picks: 10 Best White Laptops of 2021
Are you ready for our recommendations? The white laptops on this list address a variety of needs—from business to gaming, academic purposes to home-based use—and belong to different price ranges. We wish you the joy of choosing!
1. LG Gram 14Z90P – Best White Laptop
LG has also joined the bandwagon of portable personal computers with the LG Gram 14Z90P 14-inch laptop.
It comes with 11th gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processors, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD, the highlight is definitely the insanely long battery life.
On a single charge, the laptops can run for over 15.5 hours! It is implicit that if independence is what you seek—from power stations, confined workplaces—this computer is going to be a great choice.
LG also displays an impressive dedication toward generating an immersive multimedia experience. To this end, it offers an FHD monitor with slim bezels and a wide color spectrum. The narrow borders let you dive deeper into the content without suffering from external disturbances.
In additional features, you get a backlit keyboard with a highly precise touchpad that supports multi-touch gestures. The DTS Headphone:X audio is also worth a mention, for it brings to you 11.1-channel surround sound.
On the portability front, both the models fare well. The 14” model is only slightly heavier at 2.20lbs. Even so, the construction is sturdy and long-lasting; it boasts of military-grade durability with extensive testing in adverse conditions such as extreme temperatures and pressures.
2. ASUS VivoBook S15 S533 Dreamy White Laptop
The ASUS VivoBook S15 S533 is what dreams are made of. It is not just the features and functions, the device is extremely amazing in terms of the overall look and feel because of the white exteriors and interiors.
The Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor ensures that you never have to worry about the performance or productivity, which is often one of the most common concerns that people have.
The best thing about this device is hands down the combination of 512GB PCIe SSD along with 16GB SDRAM. Both of these work effortlessly, so you need not worry about glitches and issues with the performance of the device.
The backlit keyboard of the device is also ergonomically designed for effortless usage without any glitches. The device comes designed with an all metal chassis that assures better durability. For the price point it comes with, this is hands down one of the best white laptops in the market.
3. MSI Prestige 14 – Best MSI White Laptop
White laptops look stunning but they are also just for the brave-hearts. If you are looking for a device that packs in a stunning look but at the same time, is equally powerful, the MSI Prestige 14 White Laptop is one of the best options.
The all white body looks nothing but stunning. Combine that with the 14” Full HD display with thin bezels and you are winning.
Coming round to the processor, the device sports the powerful Intel Core i7-1185G7 processor for powerful and effortless computing unlike anything else.
The best thing about this device is likely the 1TB SSD storage along with 16GB DDR4 SDRAM for improved productivity and effortless user experience.
The device also comes with a white backlit keyboard that further adds to the overall design and user experience too.
4. ASUS VivoBook S13 13-inch White Laptop
Maintaining white laptops is a hassle but you can’t deny the fact that they have a very premium look to them. The ASUS VivoBook S13 is a stunning device meant for creators who want premium features in an affordable price point. The all-white exterior has a textured metal chassis with diamond-cut edges for a sleek and modern design.
This affordable 13.3” FHD display device is backed by a powerful Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor that enables smoother productivity. The device also features an ergonomically designed backlit keyboard that also comes with the fingerprint sensor for enhanced security.
The VivoBook S13 also features 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD for storage along with 8GB DDR4 RAM for better memory options. It runs on the Windows 10 Home operating system. The device is also designed with a whole range of the latest input/output ports including Type-C and HDMI ports.
5. LG Ultra PC 13U70P White Laptop
This one gets all the accolades for combining style with compactness! The LG Ultra PC 13U70P is genuinely a looker, with a lovely white color, a profile that measures just around 9.95mm, and a chassis that weighs 2.16lbs.
When you venture out with this under your arm, eyeballs are guaranteed!
Is the performance up to speed? Many laptops that focus heavily on aesthetics tend to cut corners on this frontier.
Fortunately, this one offers satisfactory performance for standard (and some more intense) needs with an AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor, up to 16GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. The battery backup is adequate to see you through most of your workday; it lasts for almost fourteen hours.
6. MSI Summit E13 Flip Pure White Laptop
It is very rare for MSI to step out of their comfort zone and come out with a pure white laptop, as opposed to their standard all-black variants.
If you are looking to buy an all-white laptop in 2021 with premium specifications, the MSI Summit E13 Flip is your best bet.
Aside from the sleek and modern design, the device encompasses every last feature you’d need to have chill user experience.
The Summit E13 Flip is powered by the 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor & Intel Iris Xe graphics for heavy-duty performance in a compact and lightweight chassis.
The device is equipped with a small yet stunning 13” IPS-level display with touch screen that allows you to enjoy high-resolution visuals without complications.
Crafted with an all aluminum chassis, the device is designed with a 180-degree flexible hinge for a comfortable work experience. Also, Summit E13 flip is integrated with 512GB SSD of storage and 16GB RAM for memory options.
7. ConceptD 3 Ezel Convertible White Laptop
If there is one device from Acer that has managed to break all the odds when it comes to innovative design, the ConceptD 3 Ezel is one of the best options. The innovative Ezel hinge allows the users to experience six different working modes, depending on what one finds the most comfortable that moment.
The 14” FHD widescreen LED-backlit IPS-type display enables you to never have to compromise on your viewing experience. It is integrated with an anti-glare display that helps secure your vision for the better.
The ConceptD 3 Ezel is powered by the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor along with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU for enhanced performance and productivity unlike anything else.
It also features a combination of 512GB NVMe SSD for storage along with 16GB RAM for memory options. It features a stunning Amber colored backlit keyboard for an added accent.
8. MSI Stealth 15M White Gaming Laptop
White gaming laptops can be incredibly charming—they have both style and quiet resilience that gamers seek on the battlefield.
The 15.6” MSI Stealth 15M blends performance and good looks in a reasonably lean package that weighs 3.73lbs and is 0.63” thick.
The white color is interspersed with black gaming accents. This device is infused with the strength of a 11th Intel i7-1185G7 processor, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD.
In the display department too, this MSI laptop manages to be adequate. It is driven by an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU with 4GB of dedicated memory.
The 144Hz FHD screen has narrow borders, a brightness of 300 nits, and an optimal resolution of 1920 x 1080. The full-size keyboard adds to the overall comfort while gaming since it comes backlighting.
9. Alienware m15 R4 and m17 R4 – Best White Gaming Laptop
The Alienware m15 R4 and m17 R4 are well-considered choices for gamers and design professionals who seek a creative, high-performance workstation.
These powerful white laptops benefit from a redesigned keyboard and touchpad that encompass ergonomic keys, per-key lighting, and higher precision.
The chassis uses magnesium-alloy to combine lightweight construction with longevity. As a result, the final bulk of the m17 is only 6.55lbs while the thickness is 20.5mm (0.80”). The m15 is even lighter at 5.50lbs.
Interestingly, while these laptops invest so heavily in intricate construction, they succeed in delivering top-notch performance too. Driving them are ninth-gen Intel Core i7-10870H CPUs, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSDs, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics (up to RTX 3080).
10. ConceptD 7 Ezel Most Powerful White Laptop
Despite the high price point, the ConceptD 7 Ezel has managed to secure its position in the top-rated devices in the market. The all-white design is lightweight and has a very premium look and feel to it. The patented Ezel hinge enables five different work modes for better creative flow.
The device is equipped with a stunning 15.6” 4K UHD LED-backlit display with a screen resolution of 2160p. It also comes equipped with an anti-glare display for better protection of your vision. The Pantone validated display is also equipped with Delta E <2 that enabled better color accuracy.
The ConceptD 7 Ezel is powered by the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H processor with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design GPU for smoother performance and productivity. As for the storage and memory, it is equipped with 2TB NVMe SSD and 32GB RAM. The device runs on the Windows 10 Pro operating system.
- 10 Best Rose Gold/Pink Laptops
- 10 Best Red Laptops
- 10 Best Blue Laptops 2021
- The 10 Best Laptops for Students 2021
- Top 10 Best Laptop for Video Editing 2021
Is a White Laptop Right For You?
Without a doubt, white laptops have always been popular for their quiet charm and elegance. But in contemporary times, when you are spoiled for choice with abundant color options available, is a white computer the right purchase decision for you? If you tick off any of the following sub-heads, the answer is a resounding yes.
- You prefer classy: Fashion trends keep changing all the time, even in the computer marketplace. But while many colored laptops have now been launched, white continues to exude an aura that is likely never to be replaced. If classy is your preferred style statement, you should do well with white.
- Subtlety gets you going: Colored laptops, although conspicuous and bold, can also come across as loud and brash in certain settings (read highbrow meetings with business veterans). White computers are safe bets if subtlety is important for your line of work.
- You need a multipurpose laptop: Whether you are looking for an everyday computer or a travel companion, a white laptop has a way of going with everything. It is stylish enough to carry to college and low-key enough for work get-togethers.
- You are not too keen on laptop maintenance: Some colored laptops come with the extra baggage of maintenance. You might need to invest in considerable cleaning and polishing; the color might not be as appealing a few years down the line. But white laptops usually need minimal upkeep, making them ideal for long-term use.
White vs. Color Laptop: Things to Remember While Purchasing
It is unlikely that color will be your prime consideration when purchasing a laptop. But if it is a prominent item on your priority list, there are a few considerations you should be mindful of.
- Pick a color you will not get bored of in time: A laptop is an investment, and you will probably be using it for several years. While a bright burgundy computer might float your boat right now, ask yourself it is a passing phase or is likely to last.
- Choose specs over color: When in doubt, purchase a machine that offers higher specs and performance in the same price range, as opposed to a color that makes your heart race. Better specifications will serve you for a long time, while color is likely to remain an aesthetic consideration at best.
- Consider getting a laptop cover instead: If you are aching for a dash of color but unwilling to go all-out, why not get a colorful cover? The market has several options for the chassis, keyboard, peripherals, etc. that let you get the best of both worlds.
- Browse similar color options: Okay, white is subtle and all that, but isn’t it also boring? Well, if plain white seems without allure to you, try exploring similar shades like silver, grey, or even platinum. You might be surprised.
- Explore partially white/color laptops: Some companies now have laptops with a partial dash of colors. For instance, you can find a white laptop with a burgundy touchpad. Or a blue laptop with white/silver accents.
What a pretty, white world, eh? The laptops featured on this list combine superior performance and display with a flexibility of use that makes them well-suited for different purposes.
So, if you require a white gaming laptop, you can choose the Dell G3 15 3500 for its innovative Game Shift technology or the ConceptD 7 for its excellent audio. If a convertible design is what you require, the ASUS Chromebook Flip is a smart blend of minimalism and pocket-friendliness.
Similarly, you can find a computer that prioritizes exactly what you require, whether it is long battery life (#1) or convenient portability (#4).
The competition in the electronics marketplace is fierce, with laptop manufacturers vying to grab consumer attention on various fronts. The color and design of the chassis has emerged as a highly watched frontier, driven by the modern-day user’s commitment to staying in vogue.
But what ultimately matters is that you pick a laptop that addresses your needs and fits your budget. If it can also offer you the élan and sophistication that inherently comes with white, you have on your hands a winner.