White Laptops: Top 10 Best White Laptop 2020
White laptops that redefine style & performance
Several years ago, a white laptop was associated with sophistication and creativity. Apple pioneered the white look and feel in its MacBook line-up, and design professionals flocked to own one of these ultra-powerful devices. White, in fact, became synonymous with Apple for a long time. A lot has changed since then, and several computer brands have now come up with white laptops. If something has not altered, it is what the color continues to stand for: class, subtlety, and an evergreen sense of style.
In the rapidly changing laptop market, different brands compete on many fronts. Along with processor specifications, display standards and premium features, design continues to be an important differentiating factor.
Lately, color has emerged as the primary lookout for many buyers; vibrant shades like reds, deep blues, and bright pinks have flooded the market. These laptops promise to grant their users a unique sense of identity, helping them stand out in a crowd.
However, these colorful devices also come with an inherent limitation: they may not suit every occasion or every user. Let us understand this in some depth.
Many business people, for example, would not want to be seen with a red laptop in a serious meeting, fearing that the color would stir up associations of casualness.
A white laptop, on the other hand, is much more versatile, usually managing to be stylish enough for students as well as business-like enough for professionals.
White computers are also one step ahead of other classic shades like black and grey, which might come across as mundane.
Finally, white laptops come with a fair degree of future readiness/insurance. As times and trends continue to change, white is less likely to lose its relevance, making this an investment you will not regret.
- Our Picks: 10 Best White Laptops of 2020
- 1. LG Gram 14Z90N – Best White Laptop
- 2. MSI Prestige 14 – Best MSI White Laptop
- 3. Dell G3 15 3500 – Best Dell White Laptop
- 4. HP Chromebook X360 – Best HP White Laptop
- 5. ASUS Chromebook Flip C436 – Best ASUS White Laptop
- 6. Acer ConceptD 7 – Best Acer White Laptop
- 7. Alienware Area-51m – Best 17 Inch White Laptop
- 8. Alienware m15 R3 and m17 R3 – Best White Gaming Laptop
- 9. Acer ConceptD 5 – Best Acer White Laptop
- 10. Acer Swift 7 – Best Touchscreen White Laptop
- Is a White Laptop Right For You?
- White vs. Color Laptop: Things to Remember While Purchasing
- Final Word
Our Picks: 10 Best White Laptops of 2020
Are you ready for our recommendations? The white laptops on this list address a variety of needs—from business to gaming, academic purposes to home-based use—and belong to different price ranges. We wish you the joy of choosing!
1. LG Gram 14Z90N – Best White Laptop
It comes with 10th gen Intel Core i5 processors, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD, the highlight is definitely the insanely long battery life.
On a single charge, the laptops can run for over 18 hours! It is implicit that if independence is what you seek—from power stations, confined workplaces—this computer is going to be a great choice.
LG also displays an impressive dedication toward generating an immersive multimedia experience. To this end, it offers an FHD monitor with slim bezels and a wide color spectrum. The narrow borders let you dive deeper into the content without suffering from external disturbances.
In additional features, you get a backlit keyboard with a highly precise touchpad that supports multi-touch gestures. The DTS Headphone:X audio is also worth a mention, for it brings to you 11.1-channel surround sound.
On the portability front, both the models fare well. The 14” model is only slightly heavier at 2.20lbs. Even so, the construction is sturdy and long-lasting; it boasts of military-grade durability with extensive testing in adverse conditions such as extreme temperatures and pressures.
2. MSI Prestige 14 – Best MSI White Laptop
White laptops look stunning but they are also just for the brave-hearts. If you are looking for a device that packs in a stunning look but at the same time, is equally powerful, the MSI Prestige 14 White Laptop is one of the best options.
The all white body looks nothing but stunning. Combine that with the 14” ultra HD display with thin bezels and you are winning.
Coming round to the processor, the device sports the powerful Intel Core i7-10510U processor for powerful and effortless computing unlike anything else.
The best thing about this device is likely the 512GB SSD storage along with 16GB DDR4 SDRAM for improved productivity and effortless user experience.
The device also comes with a white backlit keyboard that further adds to the overall design and user experience too.
3. Dell G3 15 3500 – Best Dell White Laptop
The 15.6” Dell G3 15 3500 blends performance and good looks in a reasonably lean package that weighs 5.18lbs and is 0.85” thick.
The alpine-white color is interspersed with blue gaming accents. This device is infused with the strength of a ninth-gen Intel i7-10750H processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and the intuitive Game Shift technology.
With Game Shift, you can turbo-boost your computer with a single key-press (in this case, G or F7), thereby making it ready for adrenaline-rich gameplay. Super convenient!
In the display department too, this Dell laptop manages to be adequate. It is driven by an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU with 6GB of dedicated memory. The FHD screen has narrow borders, a brightness of 300 nits, and an optimal resolution of 1920 x 1080.
An anti-glare panel ensures that you can work or play uninterrupted for several hours, without feeling eye strain. The full-size keyboard adds to the overall comfort while gaming since it comes with spill-resistance, a numeric keypad, and backlighting (4-zone RGB).
4. HP Chromebook X360 – Best HP White Laptop
This is one of those devices that promise effortless computing with an expansive display that you just can’t get enough of.
This device has been made to raise your productivity but at the same time, be in your budget.
This is an extremely budget friendly device but at the same time, this has not been programmed to work effortlessly for the high end users and creators who need a lot of storage and stuff to work with.
So, in case you want something for such activities, we recommend you buying something else. The best thing about this device that stands out is the dual core Intel celeron N4000 processor, which is sufficient for the kind of features that this device sports.
5. ASUS Chromebook Flip C436 – Best ASUS White Laptop
Chromebooks are in trend right now and if you do want to take up the challenge of buying one of the best, the ASUS Chromebook Flip C436 White Chromebook is the one.
This stunning white Chromebook is the perfect option for every content creator and programmer who needs effortless productivity and usage.
The device is also powered by the Intel Core i5-10210U Processor, which again is one of the best things about this device.
The 14-inch full HD touchscreen display accounts for a very promising visual experience that you wouldn’t find in any other of other laptops in the same price range.
The durable 360-degree hinge is again one of the reasons behind its amazing performance.
The device itself is quite lightweight and has been made with magnesium alloy. It also packs in 512GB SSD along with 16GB RAM for effortless performance unlike anything else.
6. Acer ConceptD 7 – Best Acer White Laptop
Audio-visual brilliance is the mainstay of the Acer ConceptD 7, and it makes this possible through several breakthroughs: a 4K UHD display with a 100% Adobe RGB gamut, color accuracy of Delta E<2, PANTONE validation, and Waves MaxxAudio.
A narrow-bezel design realizes a screen-to-body ratio of almost 81%.
All this is available in a lean, aluminum package that weighs only 2.1kg (4.6lbs) and is 17.9mm (0.70”) thick—comfortable enough to carry around without bother. The white color of the laptop is stunningly complemented by the warm-amber backlighting of the keyboard.
- Best of Best: 10 Best Laptops for Video Editing
How about the performance? Since this laptop is designed for creative souls who need to work on 2D or 3D simulation and run elaborate software, it has a processing chamber that is adept at this. You get a ninth-gen Intel Core i7 processor, up to 32GB RAM, up to 1TB of SSD, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU (with Max-Q).
These specs are ample to render up to 6K video files! An aeroblade 3D fan dissipates heat effectively but never generates more noise than 40db. The RTX GPU is also a blessing: it opens up immense possibilities with its support for real-time ray tracing and artificial intelligence.
7. Alienware Area-51m – Best 17 Inch White Laptop
White gaming laptops by Dell are also available in a 17” form factor—for instance, the Alienware Area-51m.
It is a powerful machine with up to a ninth-gen Intel Core i9-9900 processor, 64GB RAM, 512GB SSD (and a 1TB hybrid drive), and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics. The GPU has as much as 8GB of dedicated memory.
If the processing chamber is highbrow, so is the display. An FHD screen with narrow borders and a refresh rate of up to 144Hz lets you enjoy fluid, minimal-interference gaming.
The laptop supports NVIDIA G-SYNC as well as Tobii eye-tracking—technologies that minimize lag and grant you gaming control respectively. Tobii, especially, is astounding: you can employ minute gestures like head pose, gaze, and eye position to control the proceedings.
The Alienware comes with a smart keyboard, unlike any other. For starters, it is sturdily built with a steel back plate. You can delight in per-key RGB backlighting (AlienFX) as well as anti-ghosting to ensure that repeated key presses are registered unfalteringly.
Not only that, you can use the programmable macro keys to build customized gaming shortcuts.
Note: This is one of the heavier laptops on this list, weighing 8.54lbs and measuring almost 1.09”–1.7” in thickness.
8. Alienware m15 R3 and m17 R3 – Best White Gaming Laptop
These powerful white laptops benefit from a redesigned keyboard and touchpad that encompass ergonomic keys, per-key lighting, and higher precision.
The chassis uses magnesium-alloy to combine lightweight construction with longevity. As a result, the final bulk of the m17 is only 5.51lbs while the thickness is 20.5mm (0.80”). The m15 is even lighter at 4.65lbs.
Interestingly, while these laptops invest so heavily in intricate construction, they succeed in delivering top-notch performance too. Driving them are ninth-gen Intel Core i9-10980HK CPUs, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSDs, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX Super graphics (up to RTX 2080).
If you get the m17 R3, you can also avail of the Eyesafe technology that lowers blue light emissions to keep you gaming for longer hours without feeling eye strain. Also available with the 300Hz panel option is the exciting Tobii eye-tracking technology for unparalleled in-game control.
Bonus: The m15 R3 offers several display options, some of them spell-binding. You can get an FHD screen with a refresh rate of 300Hz and a 100% sRGB color gamut. Or, you could opt for an OLED UHD screen with an HDR-400 DCI-P3 color gamut. This one has a lower refresh rate of 60Hz.
9. Acer ConceptD 5 – Best Acer White Laptop
If you were fascinated by #4, you are likely to appreciate what the Acer ConceptD 5 has to offer—a similar A/V experience but this time with Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics.
This white laptop is committed to color accuracy and glory and brings to the table the entire assortment: a 4K UHD display, Pantone validation, Delta E<2 color accuracy, and a 100% Adobe RGB color gamut.
Since the borders are super-thin at 6.2mm (0.24”), you get screen real estate to the tune of 80%. This, combined with the strength of an eighth-gen Intel Core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, and 1TB of memory (SSD), makes it a perfect partner for design professionals or those with an eagle eye for detail.
Acer has constantly endeavored to keep its offerings light and slim. This laptop is also easy on your shoulders with its weight of 1.5kg (3.3lbs) and a thickness of 16.9mm (0.66”). The chassis, which is built of alloys of magnesium-aluminum and magnesium-lithium, looks both premium and durable.
Other bonuses of this laptop include an embedded fingerprint reader for additional security and a refined cooling system that generates negligible noise. When you are creating, this is one computer that understands your need for silence and persistence.
10. Acer Swift 7 – Best Touchscreen White Laptop
The Acer Swift 7 is genuinely a looker, with a lovely white color, a profile that measures just 9.95mm (0.39”), and a chassis that weighs 890g (1.96lbs).
When you venture out with this under your arm, eyeballs are guaranteed!
Acer has used a magnesium alloy for the construction—an intelligent choice that lends stamina to the system without adding pounds. Also, this laptop has an FHD monitor with bezels thinner than any you may have beheld before—at 2.57mm or 0.10”—generating a screen-to-body ratio of 92%.
So, whether you plan on using this system for work or unwinding at the end of the day with Netflix, a captivating experience awaits you. Note that the monitor is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass touchscreen, which keeps it safe from damage.
Is the performance up to speed? Many laptops that focus heavily on aesthetics tend to cut corners on this frontier.
Fortunately, this one offers satisfactory performance for standard (and some more intense) needs with an eighth-gen Intel Core i7 processor, up to 16GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD.
The battery backup is adequate to see you through most of your workday; it lasts for almost twelve hours.
- 10 Best Rose Gold/Pink Laptops
- 10 Best Red Laptops
- 10 Best Blue Laptops 2020
- The 10 Best Laptops for Students 2020
- Top 10 Best Laptop for Video Editing 2020
Is a White Laptop Right For You?
Without a doubt, white laptops have always been popular for their quiet charm and elegance. But in contemporary times, when you are spoiled for choice with abundant color options available, is a white computer the right purchase decision for you? If you tick off any of the following sub-heads, the answer is a resounding yes.
- You prefer classy: Fashion trends keep changing all the time, even in the computer marketplace. But while many colored laptops have now been launched, white continues to exude an aura that is likely never to be replaced. If classy is your preferred style statement, you should do well with white.
- Subtlety gets you going: Colored laptops, although conspicuous and bold, can also come across as loud and brash in certain settings (read highbrow meetings with business veterans). White computers are safe bets if subtlety is important for your line of work.
- You need a multipurpose laptop: Whether you are looking for an everyday computer or a travel companion, a white laptop has a way of going with everything. It is stylish enough to carry to college and low-key enough for work get-togethers.
- You are not too keen on laptop maintenance: Some colored laptops come with the extra baggage of maintenance. You might need to invest in considerable cleaning and polishing; the color might not be as appealing a few years down the line. But white laptops usually need minimal upkeep, making them ideal for long-term use.
White vs. Color Laptop: Things to Remember While Purchasing
It is unlikely that color will be your prime consideration when purchasing a laptop. But if it is a prominent item on your priority list, there are a few considerations you should be mindful of.
- Pick a color you will not get bored of in time: A laptop is an investment, and you will probably be using it for several years. While a bright burgundy computer might float your boat right now, ask yourself it is a passing phase or is likely to last.
- Choose specs over color: When in doubt, purchase a machine that offers higher specs and performance in the same price range, as opposed to a color that makes your heart race. Better specifications will serve you for a long time, while color is likely to remain an aesthetic consideration at best.
- Consider getting a laptop cover instead: If you are aching for a dash of color but unwilling to go all-out, why not get a colorful cover? The market has several options for the chassis, keyboard, peripherals, etc. that let you get the best of both worlds.
- Browse similar color options: Okay, white is subtle and all that, but isn’t it also boring? Well, if plain white seems without allure to you, try exploring similar shades like silver, grey, or even platinum. You might be surprised.
- Explore partially white/color laptops: Some companies now have laptops with a partial dash of colors. For instance, you can find a white laptop with a burgundy touchpad. Or a blue laptop with white/silver accents.
What a pretty, white world, eh? The laptops featured on this list combine superior performance and display with a flexibility of use that makes them well-suited for different purposes.
So, if you require a white gaming laptop, you can choose the Dell G3 15 3500 for its innovative Game Shift technology or the ConceptD 7 for its excellent audio. If a convertible design is what you require, the ASUS Chromebook Flip is a smart blend of minimalism and pocket-friendliness.
Similarly, you can find a computer that prioritizes exactly what you require, whether it is long battery life (#1) or convenient portability (#4).
The competition in the electronics marketplace is fierce, with laptop manufacturers vying to grab consumer attention on various fronts. The color and design of the chassis has emerged as a highly watched frontier, driven by the modern-day user’s commitment to staying in vogue.
But what ultimately matters is that you pick a laptop that addresses your needs and fits your budget. If it can also offer you the élan and sophistication that inherently comes with white, you have on your hands a winner.