The powerful new processor comes with additional cores and proven wins in speed.
The company has come up with new launches (such as Surface Book 3) as well as enhancements to popular models, especially in terms of display resolution and choice of form factors (13.5” and 15”).
Users can relish a plethora of exciting features such as built-in Dolby Audio, LTE Advanced, and a removable type cover. Surface laptops are opening up a new era of computing with provisions like facial sign-in and vivid displays for creative pursuits.
At the same time, they are also cognizant of staple requirements such as staying connected with peers and clients and ensuring that users are not limited to a power point. Suffice it to say that the present-day offerings by Microsoft serve to not only satisfy but also delight.
Let us analyze what 10th Gen Intel serves to add to the Surface range. We have also included some of the best laptops in this series that can adapt to different audiences.
Our Picks: The 5 Best Surface Laptops 2021
From devices for present-day professionals and business people to versatile laptops that can be used at home, Microsoft has built quite an arsenal of powerful computers.
The infusion of tenth-gen Intel CPUs has further empowered these machines to enhance their performance in terms of speed and efficiency.
Along with the processing specs, the Surface series has also witnessed improvements in chassis design, portability and displays.
Here is a list of some of the best Surface laptops you can purchase in the market today, all with the power of tenth-gen Intel processors:
1. Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio
Curated as one of the most powerful Surface laptops, the Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio is hands down one of the best options for creators, students and even the businessmen who want an ultra-thin notebook to carry around.
It enables users to design, animate and render performance at the best speeds.
The device is powered by the 11th Gen Intel Core H Series processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti GPU that supports ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the ultimate performance and all-day productivity.
It also features 512GB SSD of storage with 16GB RAM for the ultimate multitasking and seamless transitions.
As for the display, the device is equipped with a 14.4” PixelSense flow touch display with up to 120Hz refresh rate and smoother and efficient user experience. It runs on the Windows 11 operating system.
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
One of the most awaited launches from Microsoft, the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is everything that a user needs and more.
This 13” touchscreen display is further integrated with built-in kickstand and detachable keyboard and the functionalities of the Windows 11 operating system for superior connectivity and functionalities.
This is the first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform with quality performance, productivity and superior battery life.
It is powered by the latest 11th Gen. Intel Core processor with Intel Iris Xe graphics for the ultimate visuals and graphical performance. Pair that with 512GB SSD with 16GB RAM for uninterrupted performance.
Also, the device is equipped with a compact 13” touchscreen display that combines the seamless performance of the laptop in a tablet form. It runs on the Windows 11 Home operating system for the ultimate access to a wide range Microsoft application.
3. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
Affordably priced at $1,299, the Surface Laptop 4 is a nimble, efficient machine suitable for students and business people alike.
It comes with some magnificent specs that adapt to day-to-day life at the campus or the workplace.
There’s the 11th Gen Intel CPU, of course, but you also get up to 19 hours of battery backup (with fast-charging to 80% in one hour).
Plus, you can relish in interesting color options like sandstone and cobalt blue—quite the style statement! This device is available in both 13.5” and 15” screen sizes.
Comfortable use is a priority for this Surface, and this is evident in its large glass trackpad, Windows Hello password-free sign-in, and invisible-hinge-based design. The latter permits you to open your laptop with one hand—a blessing for rushed days and to work on the go.
This 2.79lbs device is fitted with USB-C and USB-A ports. It also offers two far-field Studio Mics for improved sound output.
4. Microsoft Surface Go 3
Honing the best performance and superior chic design elements in the Microsoft Surface Go 3, this device is a versatile option that allows users to complete everyday tasks, complete homework and then play along without any effects on the productivity.
The device is extremely lightweight and weighs in at 1.2 pounds with an adjustable kickstand and detachable keyboard.
The device is powered by the latest 11th Gen. Intel Core i3 processor with on-the-go performance with fast charging that allows you to make the most out of the situation that takes your device from nothing to the absolute high in a matter of seconds. Also, it runs on Windows 11 operating system for intuitive user experience.
Also, it is equipped with a 10.5” high-resolution user experience with 220 ppi for sleek visuals and responsive gamification.
It is further integrated with all the latest range of I/O ports that you’d need for data transfer and superior user experience like there’s no tomorrow. It runs on the Windows 11 operating system.
5. Microsoft Surface Book 3
Company stats report that the 10th Gen CPU strengthens the speed by more than 50% as compared to the Surface Book 2.
This Surface laptop, priced at $1,599.99, allows you to enjoy glorious high-res displays: 3000 x 2000 on the 13.5” machine and 3240 x 2160 on the 15” computer.
Connectivity-wise, Microsoft has you well sorted with USB-A and USB-C connections, an SD card slot, and password-free login via Windows Hello. Since the long-lasting battery runs up to 17.5 hours—and 15.5 hours on the 13.5” model—you can comfortably work on the go.
Bonus: New Surface Pro X Touchscreen
Lightweight at only 1.7lbs and fitted with a 13” touchscreen, productivity is definitely a commitment for the Surface Pro X, as it is for contemporary professionals.
The highlight of this device is its ability to be always connected, courtesy to the speedy LTE. With LTE Advanced Pro, you can hop online even in the absence of Wi-Fi.
This computer comes packed with up to 16GB RAM, up to a 512GB SSD, and a 11th-gen Intel CPU, which make it capable of fuelling a variety of endeavors, from checking your e-mail to streaming content online.
Other major productivity wins of this laptop come from Microsoft 365 and the password-free facial sign-in via Windows Hello.
Portability is also a priority for this sleek (0.28”) Surface, and it attempts to serve this need through a long-lasting battery (13 hours).
It offers two USB-C ports as well to keep you connected to any devices or peripherals that you may need on the run.
Surface with 11th Gen Intel: What Makes it Tick
So, what exactly makes the newest Surface laptops all the rage? From a purely style-oriented perspective, Microsoft has garnered a great deal with the Surface series.
These computers look—and breathe—style, what with their sleek design, Alcantara-based keyboards (a fabric you can opt for to make your device waterproof and more durable), and multiple color options.
Thanks to the inclusion of competent 10th Gen Intel CPUs, the range now promises triumphs across the board.
Here is a quick set of terrific wins that the line-up has going for itself:
- Significant performance gains: The most recent Surface range is powered by tenth-gen Intel processors, leading to direct wins in performance. These CPUs can be boosted up to 5.3GHz with Turbo and offer additional perks like Intel Wi-Fi 6 for better internet connectivity. With eight cores and 16 MB of Intel Smart Cache, you are certain to experience satisfying speeds whether you perform regular tasks like working on documents or streaming video content online. Booting-up time has also come down considerably.
- Longer battery life: The new 10th Gen Surface laptops can last for long durations on a single charge—up to 19 hours in some devices like the Surface Laptop 4. This works out beautifully for users with travel-intensive lifestyles who need to work on the move. Plus, with quick-charging batteries, you can power up instantly whenever your laptop does run out of juice.
- Portable design: The basic design of a Surface—the crossover of a tablet and a laptop—has become even more comfortable with time. New Surface laptops such as the Surface Go 2 are as lightweight as 1.2lbs and have profiles measuring barely 0.33”. It is the easiest thing in the world to travel with these agile devices and get your work done even in public transport or cramped airplane seats. You can enjoy an instant-on user experience with a new invisible-hinge based design in laptops like the Surface Laptop 3.
- Multiple configurations to choose from: Microsoft has ensured that you get plenty of choices while taking your pick. Not only do you have two screen sizes (13.5” and 15”) but also different RAM configurations and SSDs. It is convenient to choose based on your requirements and budget, especially as you get options to upgrade the available storage via micro SD cards and external USB (Type-A and Type-C) connections.
- Attractive pricing: Surface laptops have always been priced rather steep, easily coming in at upwards of $1500. However, you can now purchase some of these devices at starting prices as low as $399.99 for the Surface Go 2. The lower price point makes this range accessible and sensible even for students and casual users.
Despite their steep pricing, Surface computers have found ways to appeal to mixed audiences through high-res displays, dependable performance, and stylish design.
The latest line-up of Surface machines with 11th-gen CPUs promises to boost the performance further. At the same time, it also provides enhancements in internet connectivity, device connections like USB Type-C ports, and accessibility via touch.
The overall build and construction have become sleeker and lighter too, well attuned to the growing demand for lightweight, compact laptops/tablets.
In choosing the right Surface for your needs, it is critical to zero down on your prime focus: gaming, business, entertainment, programming, etc.
For instance, the Surface Laptop 4 can be the perfect choice for students or working professionals as it comes infused with powerful features like a comfortable trackpad and hinge-based design.
If you have to use the internet extensively, then picking the Surface Pro X can be a better decision since it provides you with LTE and practically all-day unplugged usage.
The times to come seem laden with the promise of an even more all-encompassing Surface range—one that blends power with panache in inimitable ways.