The powerful new processor comes with additional cores and proven wins in speed.
Users can relish a plethora of exciting features such as built-in Dolby Audio, LTE Advanced, and a removable type cover. Surface laptops are opening up a new era of computing with provisions like facial sign-in and vivid displays for creative pursuits.
At the same time, they are also cognizant of staple requirements such as staying connected with peers and clients and ensuring that users are not limited to a power point. Suffice it to say that the present-day offerings by Microsoft serve to not only satisfy but also delight.
Let us analyze what 10th Gen Intel serves to add to the Surface range. We have also included some of the best laptops in this series that can adapt to different audiences.
- Surface with 10th Gen Intel: What Makes it Tick
- Our Picks: The 5 Best Surface Laptops 2021
- 1. Surface Book 3 – Best Surface Laptop for Gaming and Creators
- 2. Surface Laptop 3 – Best Surface Laptop for Students and Business
- 3. Surface Laptop Go – Best Lightest Surface Laptop for Everyday Tasks
- 4. Surface Pro 7 – Best Surface Laptop Tablet for Students
- 5. Surface Pro X – Ultra Slim and Sleek Surface Laptop for Productivity
Surface with 10th Gen Intel: What Makes it Tick
So, what exactly makes the newest Surface laptops all the rage? From a purely style-oriented perspective, Microsoft has garnered a great deal with the Surface series.
These computers look—and breathe—style, what with their sleek design, Alcantara-based keyboards (a fabric you can opt for to make your device waterproof and more durable), and multiple color options.
Thanks to the inclusion of competent 10th Gen Intel CPUs, the range now promises triumphs across the board.
Here is a quick set of terrific wins that the line-up has going for itself:
- Significant performance gains: The most recent Surface range is powered by tenth-gen Intel processors, leading to direct wins in performance. These CPUs can be boosted up to 5.3GHz with Turbo and offer additional perks like Intel Wi-Fi 6 for better internet connectivity. With eight cores and 16 MB of Intel Smart Cache, you are certain to experience satisfying speeds whether you perform regular tasks like working on documents or streaming video content online. Booting-up time has also come down considerably.
- Longer battery life: The new 10th Gen Surface laptops can last for long durations on a single charge—up to 17.5 hours in some devices like the Surface Book 3. This works out beautifully for users with travel-intensive lifestyles who need to work on the move. Plus, with quick-charging batteries, you can power up instantly whenever your laptop does run out of juice.
- Portable design: The basic design of a Surface—the crossover of a tablet and a laptop—has become even more comfortable with time. New Surface laptops such as the Surface Go 2 are as lightweight as 1.2lbs and have profiles measuring barely 0.33”. It is the easiest thing in the world to travel with these agile devices and get your work done even in public transport or cramped airplane seats. You can enjoy an instant-on user experience with a new invisible-hinge based design in laptops like the Surface Laptop 3.
- Multiple configurations to choose from: Microsoft has ensured that you get plenty of choices while taking your pick. Not only do you have two screen sizes (13.5” and 15”) but also different RAM configurations and SSDs. It is convenient to choose based on your requirements and budget, especially as you get options to upgrade the available storage via micro SD cards and external USB (Type-A and Type-C) connections.
- Attractive pricing: Surface laptops have always been priced rather steep, easily coming in at upwards of $1500. However, you can now purchase some of these devices at starting prices as low as $399.99 for the Surface Go 2. The lower price point makes this range accessible and sensible even for students and casual users.
Our Picks: The 5 Best Surface Laptops 2021
From devices for present-day professionals and business people to versatile laptops that can be used at home, Microsoft has built quite an arsenal of powerful computers.
The infusion of tenth-gen Intel CPUs has further empowered these machines to enhance their performance in terms of speed and efficiency.
Along with the processing specs, the Surface series has also witnessed improvements in chassis design, portability and displays.
Here is a list of some of the best Surface laptops you can purchase in the market today, all with the power of tenth-gen Intel processors:
1. Surface Book 3 – Best Surface Laptop for Gaming and Creators
Powered by a 10th Gen Intel i5 or i7 CPU, 32GB RAM, up to 2TB SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti graphics, this robust 3.38lbs laptop offers blazing-fast performance.
Company stats report that the 10th Gen CPU strengthens the speed by more than 50% as compared to the Surface Book 2.
This Surface laptop, priced at $1,599.99, allows you to enjoy glorious high-res displays: 3000 x 2000 on the 13.5” machine and 3240 x 2160 on the 15” computer.
Connectivity-wise, Microsoft has you well sorted with USB-A and USB-C connections, an SD card slot, and password-free login via Windows Hello. Since the long-lasting battery runs up to 17.5 hours—and 15.5 hours on the 13.5” model—you can comfortably work on the go.
2. Surface Laptop 3 – Best Surface Laptop for Students and Business
Affordably priced at $979, the Surface Laptop 3 is a nimble, efficient machine suitable for students and business people alike.
It comes with some magnificent specs that adapt to day-to-day life at the campus or the workplace.
There’s the 10th Gen Intel CPU, of course, but you also get up to 11.5 hours of battery backup (with fast-charging to 80% in one hour). Plus, you can relish in interesting color options like sandstone and cobalt blue—quite the style statement! This device is available in both 13.5” and 15” screen sizes.
Comfortable use is a priority for this Surface, and this is evident in its large glass trackpad, Windows Hello password-free sign-in, and invisible-hinge-based design. The latter permits you to open your laptop with one hand—a blessing for rushed days and to work on the go.
This 2.79lbs device is fitted with USB-C and USB-A ports. It also offers two far-field Studio Mics for improved sound output.
3. Surface Laptop Go – Best Lightest Surface Laptop for Everyday Tasks
Are you on the hunt for a daily use laptop that can fulfill your computing needs at home and work?
The Surface Laptop Go, with its lightweight form factor, long-lasting battery, and enhanced screen resolution can suit you fine
Starting at a super-attractive $549.99, this Surface offers a 12.4” touchscreen and battery backup of up to 13 hours.
Microsoft has yet again managed to launch another superior device with the Surface laptop Go. The device is the lightest in their Surface range till date, bringing mobility and better work experience on the go.
The device features a compact 12.4” touchscreen display that enables easier navigation and smoother work and gameplay. It is perfect for individuals who love streaming shows and series. Even with the design and the kind of hardware it packs in, the device only weighs 2.65 pounds.
The Surface Laptop Go powered by the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor along with the Intel UHD graphics for smoother user experience. It also features the up to 256GB SSD storage along with up to 8GB RAM, which is a standard configuration.
It is equipped with all the latest connectivity ports as well along with the latest security features including the one touch sign in.
4. Surface Pro 7 – Best Surface Laptop Tablet for Students
This device, priced at $749.99, comes with a 12.3″ touchscreen and a flexible 2-in-1 design.
The kickstand and removable type cover permit you to switch between laptop, tablet and studio modes—in sync with your needs.
Whether you intend to take notes, create drawings or browse the internet, the design rises to the occasion. Further, since the machine weighs only 1.7lbs and measures 0.33”, you can work on the go.
Performance-wise, this Surface comes with the power of a 10th Gen Intel Core™ i7-1065G7 CPU, 16GB RAM and up to 1TB SSD. It can last for up to 10.5 hours on a single charge.
Among additional features that students benefit from are Microsoft 365, pre-installed Windows 10 Home, and password-free sign-in through Windows Hello. The integrated OneDrive makes it convenient to store important documents on the cloud.
5. Surface Pro X – Ultra Slim and Sleek Surface Laptop for Productivity
The highlight of this device is its ability to be always connected, courtesy to the speedy LTE. With LTE Advanced Pro, you can hop online even in the absence of Wi-Fi.
This computer comes packed with up to 16GB RAM, up to a 512GB SSD, and a tenth-gen Intel CPU, which make it capable of fuelling a variety of endeavors, from checking your e-mail to streaming content online.
Other major productivity wins of this laptop come from Microsoft 365 and the password-free facial sign-in via Windows Hello.
Portability is also a priority for this sleek (0.28”) Surface, and it attempts to serve this need through a long-lasting battery (13 hours).
It offers two USB-C ports as well to keep you connected to any devices or peripherals that you may need on the run.
Despite their steep pricing, Surface computers have found ways to appeal to mixed audiences through high-res displays, dependable performance, and stylish design.
The latest line-up of Surface machines with tenth-gen CPUs promises to boost the performance further. At the same time, it also provides enhancements in internet connectivity, device connections like USB Type-C ports, and accessibility via touch.
The overall build and construction have become sleeker and lighter too, well attuned to the growing demand for lightweight, compact laptops/tablets.
In choosing the right Surface for your needs, it is critical to zero down on your prime focus: gaming, business, entertainment, programming, etc.
For instance, the Surface Laptop 3 can be the perfect choice for students or working professionals as it comes infused with powerful features like a comfortable trackpad and hinge-based design.
If you have to use the internet extensively, then picking the Surface Pro X can be a better decision since it provides you with LTE and practically all-day unplugged usage.
The times to come seem laden with the promise of an even more all-encompassing Surface range—one that blends power with panache in inimitable ways.