In this article, we discuss various aspects of green laptops to help you adjudge if they are good fits for you. We have also consolidated some of the best picks for green notebooks that exemplify how to merge performance with trendsetting.
Many moons ago, computers were hardly as interesting to look at as they are today. Most of them were black, dull to behold, exuding power but not much style. As time went by and laptops started becoming popular, some manufacturers experimented with color.
Companies like Apple and HP brought out notebooks in grey and silver. These colors posed stiff competition to the classic black and remain among the most popular color choices even now.
But as the world gets more stylish by the minute, the computing landscape is also getting infused by color. Not only can you now find fashionable laptops that make style a priority, but they also come in attractive colors like green, pink, and blue.
Green has quickly emerged as one of the most popular choices of colorful laptops. The color brings with it multiple positive connotations, from being one with nature to radiating harmony with the world around. Many makers offer green accented with complementary colors like orange to add a further dash of glamour.
- 5 Best Green Laptops 2021: Top Picks
- How to Choose a Laptop Color
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Green Laptop
- Closing Note
5 Best Green Laptops 2021: Top Picks
Here are some of the finest green laptops you can purchase today, spanning brands from Asus to HP. You can select basic or go all the way to extreme performance. The world of green laptops is not only attractive, but it is also versatile!
1. Asus Vivobook S15 S532FA-DH55-GN Green Laptop
The 15.6” Asus Vivobook S15 S532FA-DH55-GN is a beautiful moss-green laptop that can perform day-to-day tasks diligently.
Inside its processing chamber is an Intel Core i5-10210U processor, 8GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD.
The FHD monitor supports an innovative “screen pad” that lets you use touch-based commands for increased productivity.
Additionally, you get a narrow-bezel design with a screen-to-body ratio of 88%. This makes this laptop perfect for multimedia needs as well.
Asus has equipped this product with a backlit keyboard, a full array of connectivity options, and support for facial login via Windows Hello. Its hinge-based design boosts the usability of this already portable, 3.97lbs laptop.
2. Asus Vivobook S15 S533FA-DS51-GN Green Laptop
Another Vivobook that makes it to the list is the 15.6” Asus Vivobook S15 S533FA-DS51-GN.
It has a lovely gaia-green color with a woven textured finish. An aquamarine accent lends this notebook a distinct edge, as does its hinge-based design.
While the configuration of this Vivobook is less powerful than #1, it manages to get standard computing pursuits in order. You get an Intel Core i5-10210U CPU, 8GB RAM, a 256GB SSD, and an FHD screen with a narrow-bezel design.
Plus, since this laptop weighs only 3.97lbs, you can carry it along on travels.
Bonus: Asus offers accidental damage protection for this computer up to one year. That’s more peace of mind for you!
3. ASUS VivoBook S14 S432FA Green Laptop
The moss-green is accented with orange to lend the design a sense of harmony with nature.
Fortunately, the style quotient permeates within; you get up to an Intel Core i7 CPU, with 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD. Also included is support for facial recognition through Windows Hello and a quick-charging battery.
Equipped with the revolutionary screenpad, a hinge-based design for flexibility, and Harman Kardon-certified sound, this VivoBook combines vogue with usability. It is also portable, with a weight of only 3lbs and a thickness of 0.7”.
4. Acer Swift 1 SF114-32-P9MX Green Laptop
Driven by an Intel Pentium Silver N5000 processor, 4GB RAM, and 128GB of storage, this notebook works well for standard computing needs like browsing the internet and taking notes during meetings.
The FHD screen monitor a resolution of 1920 x 1080, compatibility with IPS, and support for Intel UHD graphics 605.
Acer has ensured that this device is ultra-portable at 2.87lbs and 0.6”. Add to that a touchpad, several USB ports (including a Type-C one), and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and you have a competent everyday companion for work or school.
5. HP Pavilion 15-dk0020nr Green Gaming Laptop
This laptop is powered by an Intel Core i5-9300H CPU, 8GB RAM, a 256GB SSD, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. The FHD screen, with its IPS support and micro-edge bezel, creates an engaging visual experience. If you tend to play in collaborative environments, the Bios recovery and protection module helps keep your system secure.
Note: This notebook weighs 4.96lbs and has a profile with a thickness of 0.9”. For a capable gaming laptop, this is quite mobile.
- 10 Best Rose Gold/Pink Laptops
- 10 Best Red Laptops
- Top 15 Best White Laptops
- Best Laptops (Top 10 Picks)
- 20 Best Laptops for College Students
How to Choose a Laptop Color
With multiple options available in the league of colorful laptops, how can you make a choice? While some may prefer royal-blue notebooks for their understated style, others might want to go all out with a bold red. Pink and rose-pink machines are also wildly popular, and not just with the fairer sex! And then again, black and silver retain their classic edge, making them the favored choices with many users around the globe.
Here are some helpful pointers to arrive at your choice of color.
- Choose permanence: Make sure that the chosen color is really one of your favorites. This may sound superficial now, but it will become a significant consideration a few years down the line. You will be typically stuck with the same laptop for at least a couple of years unless you have the budget and the inclination to make fresh purchases every season. A computer in a color that does not please you anymore can quickly become an eyesore.
- Consider the situation: Not every color fits every occasion, whether the decision pertains to sartorial needs or computing devices. If you are a business person who has to attend a host of highbrow meetings daily, ask yourself if a colorful laptop will bode well for your image. Many conventional clients might prefer the perception that the classic-black laptop lends to a person.
- Factor in maintenance: Colorful laptops tend to require more upkeep than their black and silver contemporaries. You may need periodic cleaning, polishing, etc., to keep the color shiny and persistent. Few things look more unattractive on computing devices than chipped paint and shoddy polish.
- Choose between laptop color and component color: Some users desire a generous sprinkling of color on their daily computing companions. However, many of them don’t need the entire chassis to be colorful. You can choose laptops that have bright keyboards, touchpads, etc. Many notebooks have accented USB ports or patterned covers with multi-color logos. These can be safer options for those who find it too risky to get a laptop in full color.
- Prioritize performance: Even you are insistent on purchasing a colorful laptop and willing to cut many corners to achieve this, it is best to tread with caution. In the long run, the color of a computer will be less important than its performance, display, and sustainability. Analyze your selected notebook carefully to guarantee that its processing compartment is adept at fulfilling your daily requirements. Also, inspect the display, connectivity options, battery backup, build, and security features.
- Decide between laptop color and laptop skin: If you wish to get a colorful laptop but are unsure of the shade, then investing in a device can be risky. What if you tire of your choice quickly and are then stuck with it? In this scenario, it might be better to opt for a laptop skin instead. This is a less permanent solution for adding color to your computing partner. You have the freedom to choose different skins and changing them frequently. Remember, the choice of skin must be good-quality, or else you risk incurring damage to your laptop’s frame and overall look.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Green Laptop
If you have zeroed down on the color green for your laptop, here are a few important considerations before making a purchase. Keeping these in mind will help you select the right partner for your lifestyle.
- Green tends to offer several benefits across the color spectrum while avoiding some of the potential shortcomings. For instance, it is modern and sets a statement. However, it is not as loud as a red laptop and less likely to evoke extreme reactions. This makes it a smart pick for anyone venturing into the world of colorful machines for the first time.
- All green laptops might not be environment-friendly or built with green components. However, the color brings to the table a conversation starter and a perception of being close to the natural world. It is a great way to radiate your sense of harmony with your surroundings. (Note that some laptops are actually constructed in a green manner with recyclable parts and due consideration to lowering the carbon footprint. Now that is indeed praiseworthy!)
- Pick your shade of green according to your visual preference. A moss-green is understated, less likely to be jarring even if you tire of the color per se. An acid-green, on the other hand, is a bolder choice that you should make only if you are convinced of your penchant for the color. Another option is to pick laptops with mixed colors or multi-color accents.
- A green laptop is likely to be suitable for various patterns of use. You can treat it like a campus laptop and take notes in the classroom. Or, you can carry it to business meetings and use it for video calling your clients. The color is balanced and adapts well to different settings. At the same time, it is unique enough to stand out when you so wish. For instance, you can use your green laptop to establish a sense of excitement and thrill in your personality during social events.
- Green laptops are available in various configurations and designs. You can choose a responsive Vivobook for an on-the-go lifestyle. More powerful but less mobile workstations are also available in green for those who need a full-purpose work/gaming laptop. The color has quickly picked up as a go-to choice for different types of users.
Green has become quite a trendy color in the world of laptops. It is suitable for several audiences: from students to working professionals, from travelers to those who like their electronic devices to stand out in a crowd.
It is possible to choose across a range of green, for instance, from moss-green to a sharper acid-green.
Thanks to the increasing aspiration for colorful laptops, you can now find suitable devices for a vast gamut of needs—from long battery life to multimedia editing, from ample connectivity options to immersive visual experiences.
While choosing the right green laptop for your needs, make sure to define your expectations clearly.
For instance, if you are a casual user who tends to use the notebook only for routine computing, you can get a great but cheap pick in the ASUS VivoBook S14 S432FA (#3).
However, if you wish to purchase a green gaming laptop, you will need something much more powerful and suited to creative pursuits.
The HP Pavilion 15-dk0020nr (#5) can be a sensible choice in this case. The rule of thumb is to cater to your requirements first, without letting the choice of color overrule the more critical aspects of your lifestyle.