In this article, we have consolidated best Cyber Monday laptop deals 2020. From an overview of the deals this year to tips on how to make a satisfying purchase, we have it covered.
This is the season to shop and get home the fantastic laptops you have always wanted but not taken the plunge to purchase.
Close on the heels of Black Friday (which falls on the day after Thanksgiving) is Cyber Monday, another shopping-centric season that promises attractive discounts and offers on laptops and computers.
As Cyber Monday approaches—on November 30 this year 2020—the marketplace has already started buzzing with excitement.
What differentiates Cyber Monday from Black Friday is its focus on online retailers. In 2005, the National Retail Foundation launched the concept to encourage customers to make online purchases.
Like its cousin, this shopping festival also centers on Thanksgiving—this time, it is the Monday after the major festival. It continues the tone set by Black Friday, encouraging shopping, and proving to be a win-win for both manufacturers and buyers.
So, what’s up with all the eye-catching offers on electronics in November and December? Part of the reason manufacturers announce such grand discounts is to tap the holiday-shopping crowd.
After all, you are likelier to decide to get that Intel Core i9 gaming laptop for your significant other if it comes at a $200 off.
Plus, the end of the year is typically a time for companies to take stock, assess which product lines worked and analyze which failed. Issuing discounts is a smart way for them to reap some major rewards in the festive season.
10 Best Cyber Monday Laptop Deals 2020
This year, Cyber Monday falls on Monday, 30 November 2020, effectively giving you less time to complete your Christmas shopping.
If you are looking to purchase a laptop this year, Cyber Monday promises a good variety on a budget.
- HP Pavilion x360 14 Convertible 2-in-1 Laptop – Save $114 @ Amazon
- Dell XPS 13/15 Cyber Monday Deals – Save up to $500 @ Dell
- Razer Blade 15 Base Gaming Laptop – Save $350 @ Amazon
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 – Save $2,019 @ Lenovo
- Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop – Save $200 @ Amazon
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – was $1,999 now $1,699 @ Amazon
- Samsung Galaxy Book Ion QLED – Save $400 @ Amazon
- ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2020) – was 2,199 now 1,849 @ Amazon
- LG Gram 14-inch Lightweight Laptop – Save $453 @ Amazon
- Acer ConceptD 3 Ezel Creator Laptop – Save $250 @ Amazon
Also Check Helpful Laptop Buying Guides 2020:
- Top 10 Best AMD Ryzen Laptops 2020
- 10 Best Laptops for College Students 2020
- Top 10 Best Laptops for Video Editing 2020
- The 10 Best Intel Core i7 Laptops 2020
- The 10 Best Intel Core i9 Laptops 2020
The market is used to a November date for this bonanza. To compensate, many manufacturers have decided to announce seasonal discounts early.
Top online retailers are expected to participate in the event, ranging from personal electronics to gadgets for smart homes and audio systems.
You can find many all-rounder laptops that are suitable for both students and working professionals.
Business laptops and portable computers like Chromebooks are also included in the offers.
Recently, HP teased up to $250 off on many of its products, including the HP Pavilion Laptop 15t Touch. This contemporary laptop is driven by an Intel Core i7 processor and is equipped with Intel Optane memory—perfect for your storage needs and day-to-day computing endeavors.
Gaming laptops are in great demand during Cyber Monday and, if you are in time, you can land an excellent deal on multimedia-friendly laptops with powerful processors and top-notch graphics.
For instance, an ASUS ROG series gaming laptop can get you a terrific mix of speedy processing and immersive visuals. It is a stylish device too, standing apart from the crowd with its host of connectivity options and sustainable construction.
The plethora of deals available in December is likely to cover not only high-end gaming computers but also budget devices. Depending on your requirements, you can choose whether or not to splurge on NVIDIA RTX graphics, a 4K OLED display, and innovative technologies like eye-tracking.
The lightweight MacBook Air is another competent offering from the Apple family, well-adapted to the needs of modern, travel-intensive lifestyles.
Many laptops on discount can further multimedia-intensive activities like content generation, animation, 3D simulation and modeling. Plus, since these devices are typically expensive, now is a splendid time to get your hands on them without going all out.
Black Friday or Cyber Monday: When to Grab the Best Offer?
Shoppers currently have two big seasons to look forward to, both close on the heels of each other. So, when should you make that long-sought-after laptop purchase? Should you grab a Black Friday deal running at present or wait for a potentially better one slated for Cyber Monday?
The short answer: Choose based on what matters the most to you. Many Black Friday deals could offer you exactly what you need—from a portable Chromebook to a top-of-the-rung Macbook Pro, from a high-performance gaming laptop by ASUS, Razer or MSI to a dependable everyday partner by HP.
If you can find something that meets your needs and comes at an enchanting price, you should go ahead. The deals end quicker than you think, and stocks may run out if the demand is too high.
However, Cyber Monday offers are expected to begin sooner than usual this year. Although the D-Day isn’t here till December 2, you can expect the discounts to get rolled out soon (some are underway already).
If you do not find anything that catches your fancy just yet, try not to settle for something just because it is on sale. Chances are, the upcoming offers will feature something that fits the bill.
Top Tips to Ace Shopping on Cyber Monday
Black Friday’s newer cousin, Cyber Monday, is a brilliant time to make big-ticket purchases at rock-bottom prices. However, the sheer volume of offers and the attractive discounts they promise can be overwhelming. We have put together a quick list of guidelines to help you snag the best laptop deal this season, without being taken for a ride:
- Pick the type of laptop first: Decide on the kind of laptop you are looking for and the purpose you seek to fulfill early on.
Cyber Monday deals abound in options, from full-purpose, business workstations to multimedia-friendly laptops and pro-travel devices.
A sensible approach to shopping this season will stem from picking the kind of laptop you need and then proceeding to weigh the various discounts available.
This process involves several crucial decisions, such as the screen size, configuration, portability quotient, and overall design and build of the computer.
- Explore your options: Multiple laptop manufacturers announce Cyber Monday deals to appeal to customers. This year, you are likely to find amazing deals by Apple, MSI, Razer, HP, and Dell, as well as brands like Acer and ASUS. Since different manufacturers have varying strengths, you should survey the market thoroughly before making a purchase decision.
For instance, while Apple may have a rare discount on the MacBook Pro, an Acer Swift may be the right laptop for your lifestyle instead. You wouldn’t know until you are willing to look beyond the brand name and the extent of the discount into the features and specifications.
- Widen the scope of shopping: Getting a laptop for your gaming needs or buying a gift for your nephew or niece—Cyber Monday deals can suit several occasions. It is a good idea to make the most of this season to fulfill your immediate (and short-term) shopping needs since the prices you get are unlikely to return in the near future.
- Don’t wait too long: Cyber Monday deals are slated to being early December, which gives you some days before the second round of Trump tariffs roll out.
This interim period is a good time to complete your shopping, while you can still avail of old, discounted prices safe from the new tax norms.
Come December 15, multiple product categories, including laptops and computer peripherals, are likely to be taxed. Suffice it to say that this year, it seems wise to grab a Cyber Monday deal with the least dilly-dallying possible.
- Avoid cutting too many corners: When you are being offered a fantastic discount, it is easy to be misled into acquiring a laptop that turns out to be a disappointment.
A smart way to avoid this is not to cut too many corners while making a purchase. For instance, that 11” laptop might be hyper-portable and stylish, but will it really be enough for your needs?
Many users find that small screens trigger eye strain and are unsuitable for pursuits like wireless streaming or day-to-day business needs.
Rule of thumb: Don’t compromise on important aspects of a laptop like screen size, the processor, available storage, memory, and connectivity options.
- Consider both physical and virtual stores: Cyber Monday is no longer the monopoly of online retailers. With more and more top customer brands developing a digital presence, the range of Cyber Monday deals has expanded.
You should survey available discounts by e-retailers as well as the online avatars of top brick-and-mortar stores.
Some companies like HP have started teasing their offers already; many others are expected to follow suit. (The full set of deals can be perused on the official websites of the respective manufacturers or the retailer in question.)
- Grab updated laptops with the latest technology: It is a common misconception that items on sale are outdated or faulty. Cyber Monday (and Black Friday) are less out-and-out sale events and more concerted festivals aimed at the holiday-shopping customers.
In fact, many manufacturers even use this opportunity to showcase their latest wares, complete with modern technology. During Black Friday, for instance, Apple has discounts on MacBooks that come fitted with newly designed keyboards with a scissor mechanism.
They also have Retina displays and intuitive touch bars to increase your productivity. It would be a major oversight to avoid making a purchase on Cyber Monday on the grounds that you wouldn’t be getting the latest technology or features.
As the year approaches its close, the market is preparing to make the year-end exciting with fabulous offers on laptops and computer peripherals.
After Black Friday, you can buy notebooks on discounted prices for the Cyber Monday extravaganza. Some of the deals that are part of Cyber Monday promise to be even more lucrative, offering wins in both investment and long-term sustainability.
It could be a well-thought-out decision to use this time not only to stock up on computing partners that you require but also purchase gifts for Christmas and New Year.
So, for the passionate gamer in your family or the photographer who needs multiple screens to edit his work, you can buy a dazzling multimedia laptop. Or, for travelers who mostly work on the run, you can get a lightweight laptop that doesn’t fear the rigors of the road.
With many top computer manufacturers onboard for Cyber Monday, you will have a large variety to choose from.
Shopping during Cyber Monday comes with several advantages, not the least of which is savings in your budget, time and effort. Now is a good occasion to get multiple dividends at little cost.