10 Best Blue Laptops 2020
Adding color to computing
Colorful laptops have become quite a rage in the marketplace today. No longer are blacks, grays and silvers the only dominant colors for notebooks. You can now find devices in eclectic shades like electric blue, rose pink, and mica. In this space, blue has an edge over many other colors because it makes a statement without being too out there. With a blue laptop, you can be certain of being noticed in a crowd, but also assured that no hairs are being ruffled.
In line with the rising popularity of colorful notebooks, many brands have come up with offerings to match. Blue laptops are now available in different configurations and models—as powerful or as skeletal as you please. In this article, we cover the pros (and cons) of getting a blue laptop. We have also assembled a list of some of the best options (in terms of style plus reliability).
- Is a Blue Laptop the Right Choice for You?
- Things to Remember When Buying a Colorful Laptop
- 10 Best Blue Laptops 2020: Top Picks
- 1. ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC Royal Blue Laptop
- 2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Cobalt Blue Laptop
- 3. ASUS VivoBook 15 F512DA-EB55-BL Peacock Blue Laptop
- 4. ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU Blue Gaming Laptop
- 5. HP Stream 14-ds0050nr Royal Blue Laptop
- 6. Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Celestial Blue Laptop
- 7. HP Stream 14-cb170nr Blue Laptop
- 8. ASUS L406MA-AB02-BL Blue Laptop
- 9. ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431FA-ES51 Silver Blue Laptop
- 10. Asus Vivobook S15 S530FA-DB51-YL, Silver Blue with Yellow Trim
- Final Words
Is a Blue Laptop the Right Choice for You?
Probably, yes. Blue happens to be the preferred choice for many users opting to get a colorful laptop for the first time. Here are a few pros of getting a blue notebook that can certainly make the purchase worthwhile.
- Blue suits various audiences and situations. If you are a student looking for a campus companion, a blue notebook can lend you an attractive aura. On the other hand, if you are a business person, even then you will fit right in meetings and networking gatherings.
- You can pick various shades of blue, thus getting a good range of options, even in a single color. Considering the popularity of blue as a shade for computing devices, manufacturers have come up with a diverse palette. So, you can find a sober, royal blue or an elegant cobalt blue. Some laptops even come with bright yellow accents to make the blue stand out even more. Whether your preference is understated or right-in-your-face, you will likely find the right match.
- Blue is attractive without being too loud or disruptive. A common qualm against colored laptops is that some find them too jarring. A classic-black or silver device is more likely to find acceptance in highbrow or conventional settings. Blue is a good choice if you are also concerned about this. While it provides a bright dash of color, it rarely evokes extreme reactions.
- A variety of laptops of different configurations are available in blue. If you want a blue notebook, you don’t need to settle for a notebook that is either too expensive or unsuitable for your tastes. From devices with Intel Core i7 CPUs to those that provide only 4GB RAM, the spectrum is wide and extensive. You can choose the exact specification you need while simultaneously fulfilling your desire to own a colorful laptop.
Things to Remember When Buying a Colorful Laptop
Before investing in that beautiful blue laptop you have set your heart on, keep these considerations in mind.
- Decide whether you only want a temporary dash of color or want to go all out and buy a computer with a colored chassis. If you are leaning toward the former, then getting a laptop skin or sleeve might be a better option.
- Colorful laptops might require more maintenance and upkeep than classic colors like black. Ensure that you buy a trusted brand with durable polish and high-quality construction. If the color starts wearing off or the polish begins to chip, all you will be left with is an eyesore.
- It is natural to choose a laptop color that you find visually pleasing today. But also give some thought to some years down the line. Would you still enjoy it? For example, while a peacock-blue might gel with the changing times, neon accents might quickly go out of favor unless you are committed to the choice.
- If you are hesitant about purchasing a laptop in full color, consider opting for those with colorful components. These retain a standard color like silver but have colored keyboards and USB ports. Such devices are a good middle ground between boring and eccentric, bringing splendor to your everyday life without overdoing it.
10 Best Blue Laptops 2020: Top Picks
The following list covers some of the best blue laptops that can fulfill various needs, ranging from daily activities and creative pursuits to gaming. Asus, Microsoft and HP have the best blue laptops to offer, spread across multiple line-ups.
1. ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FTC Royal Blue Laptop
This gorgeous royal-blue notebook is driven by an Intel Core i7-10510U processor, supported by 16GB RAM and a 1TB SSD.
It is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics and a stunning screen-to-body ratio of 92%. This ZenBook is perfect for multimedia enthusiasts as well as students and business professionals.
Design-wise, its lightweight and slim build (3.6lbs, 0.7”) complement the ergonomic hinge to create a flexible user experience. A particularly notable feature is the unique screenpad (interactive touchscreen trackpad) that understands your needs and simplifies multitasking.
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 Cobalt Blue Laptop
It is available in a lovely cobalt-blue color with the premium Alcantara material for extra sheen.
Fueled by an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD, this notebook can run unplugged for up to 11.5 hours. What’s more, it also supports rapid charging—up to 80% in only an hour. This lends extra portability to an already mobile, lightweight (2.79lbs) device.
An additional perk to getting a Microsoft Surface Laptop is the familiarity of good old Windows. You can enjoy the Microsoft Edge browser, the OneDrive cloud-storage solution, and password-free sign-in via Windows Hello.
3. ASUS VivoBook 15 F512DA-EB55-BL Peacock Blue Laptop
If you want a blue laptop with an AMD processor, then the 15.6” ASUS VivoBook 15 F512DA-EB55-BL is worth your consideration.
Powered by an AMD R5-3500U processor, 8GB RAM, a 128GB SSD, and AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics, this VivoBook is competent at standard computing pursuits. It offers an additional 1TB HDD to stock your data.
On the display front, you get an engaging, narrow-bezel monitor with a screen-to-body ratio of 88%.
Although this is a pretty affordable laptop under $600, it also offers a backlit keyboard, a fingerprint sensor, and one-year accidental damage protection. Note that it weighs only 3.5lbs, which makes it a good traveling companion as well.
4. ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU Blue Gaming Laptop
The 15.6” ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU is available in a classy blue, its FHD screen with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics complementing the coloring. Plus, since the monitor is Pantone validated, you get a greater assurance of color accuracy.
The processor receives ample support from 16GB RAM and the 512GB SSD. Consequently, you have sufficient processing power for most modern AAA games. For such a competent gaming laptop, this device is also quite portable at 4.4lbs.
Bonus: ASUS has equipped this laptop with a smart cooling system that uses anti-dust technology. This ensures that your gameplay is as sustainable as it is enjoyable.
5. HP Stream 14-ds0050nr Royal Blue Laptop
This royal-blue laptop is driven by an AMD A4-9120E CPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage. The operating system—Windows 10 Home in S Mode—keeps things responsive, besides offering Office 365 Personal for a year. An HD monitor with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 makes up the display.
This laptop is mobile and easy to lug along, considering it weighs only 2.87lbs and is about 0.7” thick. The battery can also last for a reasonably long time: 8 hours and 15 minutes.
6. Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Celestial Blue Laptop
It offers the incredible Screenpad Plus that lets you automate keyboard sequences, use handwriting, and flip between apps conveniently.
Enjoying multimedia content on the 4K UHD monitor is an experience in its own league. Processing-wise, too, you get extreme power with the Intel Core i9-9980HK CPU, 32GB RAM, and 1TB SSD. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics deliver real-time ray tracing for enhanced gameplay.
Bonus: Asus offers a detachable palm rest with this 5.5lbs laptop. There is also an IR camera for facial recognition to up the security quotient.
7. HP Stream 14-cb170nr Blue Laptop
Driven by an Intel Celeron N4000 CPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage, it offers a basic configuration that can suffice for day-to-day computing endeavors.
Included in the package is a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal. Although this is a budget laptop, it still offers an FHD screen with a full resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Bonus: The 3.17lbs HP Stream 14 boasts of terrific battery backup—more than 14 hours even if you engage in video playback! Now you know what to pick if unplugged usage is your top priority.
8. ASUS L406MA-AB02-BL Blue Laptop
While it does not offer immense power with its Intel Celeron N4000 CPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage, it does deliver on portability, longevity, and unplugged usage.
Not only does the battery last up to 12 hours, but it can also power up to 60 percent in only 49 minutes.
The heat dissipation system is excellent, smartly using a fanless design to reduce both noise and power consumption. This blue laptop is fitted with an HD screen with a resolution of 1366 x 768 and a narrow-bezel, engaging design.
9. ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431FA-ES51 Silver Blue Laptop
The design is eye-catching and well-supported by the narrow-bezel monitor with a screen-to-body ratio of 86%.
Inside the processing compartment is an Intel Core I5-8265U processor, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. This is ample for both everyday activities like checking your e-mail as well as more intensive tasks like wireless streaming.
Asus has made this ZenBook highly portable at 0.65” and 3.2lbs, Not only that, but it also provides up to 12 hours of battery backup, military standard construction (MIL-STD-810G), and fingerprint-based login.
10. Asus Vivobook S15 S530FA-DB51-YL, Silver Blue with Yellow Trim
This one is definitely for the bold and expressive! An Intel Core I5-8265U processor powers this Vivobook, supported by 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD.
Display-wise, you can relish an FHD screen with a narrow bezel. It renders various formats of content satisfactorily. This laptop is lightweight, too, weighing only 3.65lbs. Add to that the one-year accidental damage protection provided by Asus, and you have an enthusiastic traveler on your hands.
- 10 Best Rose Gold/Pink Laptops
- 15 Best White Laptops
- Best Red Laptops (10 Best)
- Best Green Laptops (10 Best)
- Best Laptops (Our Top 10 Picks)
Blue is one of the most popular choices of colorful laptops for its warmth, sense of style, and sophistication. While a blue notebook is capable of making a fashion statement on a college campus, it is equally competent at helping you stand out in a business meeting.
Depending on your aesthetic sense and usage patterns, you can pick out the kind of blue that appeals to you the most. Royal blue, peacock blue, and multi-color accents are only some of the vast number of options available in the market today.
One word of caution: make sure you prioritize your computing requirements over the choice of color.
So, if you need a gaming companion, you should invest in a laptop with a powerful CPU, engaging graphics, and an efficient heat dissipation system. A pick like the ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU (#4) can be a suitable match.
However, if you are looking for a more everyday laptop for basic needs like word processing and accessing the internet, you can pick something like the HP Stream 14-ds0050nr (#5).
Ultimately, your day-to-day demands should determine the kind of laptop you purchase. Its availability in the color of your choice is a bonus.