In this article, we cover the pros (and cons) of getting a blue laptop. We have also assembled a list of some of the best options (in terms of style plus reliability).
Colorful laptops have become quite a rage in the marketplace today. No longer are blacks, grays and silvers the only dominant colors for notebooks. You can now find devices in eclectic shades like electric blue, rose pink, and mica.
In this space, blue has an edge over many other colors because it makes a statement without being too out there. With a blue laptop, you can be certain of being noticed in a crowd, but also assured that no hairs are being ruffled.
In line with the rising popularity of colorful notebooks, many brands have come up with offerings to match. Blue laptops are now available in different configurations and models—as powerful or as skeletal as you please.
- Is a Blue Laptop the Right Choice for You?
- Things to Remember When Buying a Colorful Laptop
- Our Picks: 10 Best Blue Laptops 2021
- 1. Samsung Galaxy Book Pro – Recommended Blue Laptop
- 2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Ice Blue Laptop
- 3. ASUS E410 Blue Laptop Under $300
- 4. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 – Best Blue Laptop
- 5. ASUS ZenBook 13 UX334FLC – Best Royal Blue Laptop
- 6. ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL – Best Dual-Screen Blue Laptop
- 7. HP Stream 14-inch Royal Blue Laptop
- 8. Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Celestial Blue Laptop
- 9. ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU Blue Gaming Laptop
- 10. HP Stream 14-cb170nr Blue Laptop
- Final Words
Is a Blue Laptop the Right Choice for You?
Probably, yes. Blue happens to be the preferred choice for many users opting to get a colorful laptop for the first time. Here are a few pros of getting a blue notebook that can certainly make the purchase worthwhile.
- Blue suits various audiences and situations. If you are a student looking for a campus companion, a blue notebook can lend you an attractive aura. On the other hand, if you are a business person, even then you will fit right in meetings and networking gatherings.
- You can pick various shades of blue, thus getting a good range of options, even in a single color. Considering the popularity of blue as a shade for computing devices, manufacturers have come up with a diverse palette. So, you can find a sober, royal blue or an elegant cobalt blue. Some laptops even come with bright yellow accents to make the blue stand out even more. Whether your preference is understated or right-in-your-face, you will likely find the right match.
- Blue is attractive without being too loud or disruptive. A common qualm against colored laptops is that some find them too jarring. A classic-black or silver device is more likely to find acceptance in highbrow or conventional settings. Blue is a good choice if you are also concerned about this. While it provides a bright dash of color, it rarely evokes extreme reactions.
- A variety of laptops of different configurations are available in blue. If you want a blue notebook, you don’t need to settle for a notebook that is either too expensive or unsuitable for your tastes. From devices with Intel Core i7 CPUs to those that provide only 4GB RAM, the spectrum is wide and extensive. You can choose the exact specification you need while simultaneously fulfilling your desire to own a colorful laptop.
Things to Remember When Buying a Colorful Laptop
Before investing in that beautiful blue laptop you have set your heart on, keep these considerations in mind.
- Decide whether you only want a temporary dash of color or want to go all out and buy a computer with a colored chassis. If you are leaning toward the former, then getting a laptop skin or sleeve might be a better option.
- Colorful laptops might require more maintenance and upkeep than classic colors like black. Ensure that you buy a trusted brand with durable polish and high-quality construction. If the color starts wearing off or the polish begins to chip, all you will be left with is an eyesore.
- It is natural to choose a laptop color that you find visually pleasing today. But also give some thought to some years down the line. Would you still enjoy it? For example, while a peacock-blue might gel with the changing times, neon accents might quickly go out of favor unless you are committed to the choice.
- If you are hesitant about purchasing a laptop in full color, consider opting for those with colorful components. These retain a standard color like silver but have colored keyboards and USB ports. Such devices are a good middle ground between boring and eccentric, bringing splendor to your everyday life without overdoing it.
Our Picks: 10 Best Blue Laptops 2021
The following list covers some of the best blue laptops that can fulfill various needs, ranging from daily activities and creative pursuits to gaming. Asus, Microsoft and HP have the best blue laptops to offer, spread across multiple line-ups.
1. Samsung Galaxy Book Pro – Recommended Blue Laptop
When it comes to blue laptops, if there’s one model that stands out of the rest, it has to be the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro.
This is one of those laptops that come with a stunning look and feel that you can’t compare with anything else.
The AMOLED screen in these traditional laptops make it easier for you to program through them without any hassle at all.
As for the mobility of the device, it comes with a very portable and easy to carry design that you wouldn’t have to regret buying. It also comes with a fast charging feature, which again makes your life a lot easier. It comes with 13.3” or 15.6” display for smoother performance.
The combination of the 11th generation Intel Core i7 processor along with 512GB SSD further makes this device a worthy investment that you won’t regret later.
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 Ice Blue Laptop
Both classy and powerful, the 13.5” Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is a delight to use and behold.
It is available in a lovely Ice-blue color with the premium Alcantara material for extra sheen.
Fueled by an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD, this notebook can run unplugged for up to 11.5 hours. What’s more, it also supports rapid charging—up to 80% in only an hour. This lends extra portability to an already mobile, lightweight (2.31lbs) device.
An additional perk to getting a Microsoft Surface Laptop is the familiarity of good old Windows. You can enjoy the Microsoft Edge browser, the OneDrive cloud-storage solution, and password-free sign-in via Windows Hello.
3. ASUS E410 Blue Laptop Under $300
If you are feeling experimental, try the ASUS E410 laptop with its utopia-blue color.
Inside the processing compartment is an Intel Celeron N4020 dual core processor, 4GB RAM, and a 128GB SSD. This is ample for both everyday activities like checking your e-mail as well as more intensive tasks like wireless streaming.
Asus has made this laptop highly portable at 0.73” and 1.00lbs, Not only that, but it also provides up to 12 hours of battery backup.
4. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 – Best Blue Laptop
Lenovo is that one brand that caters budget friendly but the latest technological features in a device.
You can never go wrong when it comes to Lenovo and the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is the best example of that, hands down.
The device is extremely thin and lightweight that ensures that you can carry it around without any hassle at all.
The high resolution 14-inch display takes the overall user experience to the next level. The device also packs in a whopping 18 hours of battery life on medium usage, which is not something you normally expect nowadays.
As for the storage and memory, the device comes with 256GB SSD storage along with 8GB DDR4 SDRAM for an even better experience unlike anything else. It also packs in the AMD radeon vega 8 graphics that further make your overall experience the best in class.
5. ASUS ZenBook 13 UX334FLC – Best Royal Blue Laptop
A blue laptop that looks beautiful inside out is the 13” ASUS ZenBook 13 UX334FLC.
This gorgeous royal-blue notebook is driven by an Intel Core i7-10510U processor, supported by 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD.
It is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics and a stunning screen-to-body ratio of 92%. This ZenBook is perfect for multimedia enthusiasts as well as students and business professionals.
Design-wise, its lightweight and slim build (2.8lbs) complement the ergonomic hinge to create a flexible user experience. A particularly notable feature is the unique screenpad (interactive touchscreen trackpad) that understands your needs and simplifies multitasking.
6. ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL – Best Dual-Screen Blue Laptop
When it comes to buying a blue laptop, the ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL is one of the most stunning designs.
Even the color of the device is not a bad shade of blue but a very modern looking one that you can carry to work with ease.
This is a dual screen 2-in-1 laptop for an even better user experience and performance.
The device comes with a 14” full HD Nanoedge display for the main one. In terms of the processors, it is powered by the latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U processor for a smoother experience beyond comprehension.
The device also comes with 1TB PCIe SSD along with 16GB RAM for an overall improved productivity without any sort of glitch or issues with respect to the performance.
The ErgoLift design ensures more comfort while you are using it. The optimized cooling system also keeps your device in the best condition whatsoever.
7. HP Stream 14-inch Royal Blue Laptop
This royal-blue laptop is driven by an Intel Celeron N4000 CPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage.
The operating system—Windows 10 Home in S Mode—keeps things responsive, besides offering Office 365 Personal for a year. An HD monitor with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 makes up the display.
This laptop is mobile and easy to lug along, considering it weighs only 2.87lbs and is about 0.7” thick. The battery can also last for a reasonably long time: 8 hours and 15 minutes.
8. Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Celestial Blue Laptop
It offers the incredible Screenpad Plus that lets you automate keyboard sequences, use handwriting, and flip between apps conveniently.
Enjoying multimedia content on the 4K UHD monitor is an experience in its own league. Processing-wise, too, you get extreme power with the Intel Core i9-10980HK CPU, 32GB RAM, and 1TB SSD. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics deliver real-time ray tracing for enhanced gameplay.
Bonus: Asus offers a detachable palm rest with this 5.5lbs laptop. There is also an IR camera for facial recognition to up the security quotient.
9. ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU Blue Gaming Laptop
The 15.6” ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU is available in a classy blue, its FHD screen with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics complementing the coloring. Plus, since the monitor is Pantone validated, you get a greater assurance of color accuracy.
The processor receives ample support from 16GB RAM and the 512GB SSD. Consequently, you have sufficient processing power for most modern AAA games. For such a competent gaming laptop, this device is also quite portable at 4.4lbs.
Bonus: ASUS has equipped this laptop with a smart cooling system that uses anti-dust technology. This ensures that your gameplay is as sustainable as it is enjoyable.
10. HP Stream 14-cb170nr Blue Laptop
Driven by an Intel Celeron N4000 CPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of storage, it offers a basic configuration that can suffice for day-to-day computing endeavors.
Included in the package is a one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal. Although this is a budget laptop, it still offers an FHD screen with a full resolution of 1920 x 1080.
Bonus: The 3.17lbs HP Stream 14 boasts of terrific battery backup—more than 14 hours even if you engage in video playback! Now you know what to pick if unplugged usage is your top priority.
- 10 Best Rose Gold/Pink Laptops
- 15 Best White Laptops
- Best Red Laptops (10 Best)
- Best Green Laptops (10 Best)
- Best Laptops (Our Top 10 Picks)
Blue is one of the most popular choices of colorful laptops for its warmth, sense of style, and sophistication. While a blue notebook is capable of making a fashion statement on a college campus, it is equally competent at helping you stand out in a business meeting.
Depending on your aesthetic sense and usage patterns, you can pick out the kind of blue that appeals to you the most. Royal blue, peacock blue, and multi-color accents are only some of the vast number of options available in the market today.
One word of caution: make sure you prioritize your computing requirements over the choice of color.
So, if you need a gaming companion, you should invest in a laptop with a powerful CPU, engaging graphics, and an efficient heat dissipation system. A pick like the ASUS ROG Zephyrus M GU502GU can be a suitable match.
However, if you are looking for a more everyday laptop for basic needs like word processing and accessing the internet, you can pick something like the HP Stream 14.
Ultimately, your day-to-day demands should determine the kind of laptop you purchase. Its availability in the color of your choice is a bonus.