10 Best Acer Gaming Laptops 2020
For purely enjoyable gameplay
It’s a cutthroat world, with several players competing for attention—but only one can make it to your shopping cart. Purchasing a gaming laptop can be a tricky decision, but Acer has several things going for itself. It is committed to delivering enduring performance on a budget. Acer mindfully endows its offerings with beautiful displays and plentiful connectivity options, making them attractive purchases for different kinds of audiences. The ability to adapt to versatile uses, such as creative projects and business requirements, is one of the worthiest advantages of brand Acer.
While the Taiwanese company is a major retailer of laptops, Chromebooks, displays, etc., gaming machines have become one of its mainstays. Today, Acer is widely renowned as a top-notch gaming manufacturer and is the brand of choice, particularly among users who wish to watch their budget.
Here, we have assembled some of the best gaming devices from Acer’s warehouses. We also discuss the whys of making a purchase; if you are an ardent gamer, you know the importance of choosing your moves carefully.
Table of Contents
- The Acer Gaming Family: An Overview
- Acer Gaming Laptops: What’s in it for you?
- Other Considerations Before Buying an Acer Gaming Laptop
- Our Picks: 10 Best Acer Gaming Laptop 2020
- 1. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD (Recommended)
- 2. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-73L3 (Best 300Hz)
- 3. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-54-77TH (Best 17-inch)
- 4. Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52-78W1 (Best 144Hz)
- 5. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-736J (Best 240Hz)
- 6. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-742J (Most Powerful)
- 7. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-71K5
- 8. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44-R078 Gaming Laptop
- 9. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-77P9
- 10. Acer Nitro 7 AN715-52-715S Gaming Laptop
- Pros and Cons of Acer Gaming Laptops
The Acer Gaming Family: An Overview
Acer has multiple lineups of gaming laptops, categorized according to their specifications, features and budgets. Even as you read this, new launches are making their way into the family, embracing new trends and promising a plethora of eye-catching features to users. Here is a quick overview of your choices:
This is Acer’s top range in the gaming world. Divided into Helios and Triton devices, the Predator line boasts of powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX cards, excellent heat dissipation systems and fast read/write speeds thanks to SSDs. The graphics cards frequently come with G-SYNC to minimize delays and lags. If you wish to game at high settings and experience no compromises, this is the lineup for you.
A range well-suited to gamers and creative professionals alike, Nitro is a cost-effective choice. These laptops offer decent specifications, bright displays and sleek design. The build quality of these devices is also promising, complete with a brushed finish and a premium feel.
One of Acer’s most portable lineups, the Aspire series is ideal for those who need all-rounder laptops. You can enjoy gaming without spending too much money. At the same time, you can use these devices for day-to-day pursuits at work or school.
Acer Gaming Laptops: What’s in it for you?
While there is no denying that Acer has firmly entrenched itself in the gaming landscape, the competition remains stiff. If you are considering buying an Acer device, here are some of the stand-out features you can expect:
- Portability: Acer uses lightweight construction standards that don’t compromise with the durability of the chassis. Even some 17.3” gaming machines weigh less than 6lbs. This is a huge incentive for the contemporary user who spends a considerable amount of time on the road and wishes to carry his world along. The sleek construction makes it straightforward to stow away the laptop in a carrying case or backpack. The provision of hinges in some devices further ups the mobility; you can use these laptops as entertainment stations, stands, etc.
- Budget-friendly: Acer makes a big deal out of affordability, which is why many of its powerful gaming computers also fall in the $1000–$2000 range. If you are on a tight budget but want to enjoy the latest technologies in the multimedia world, Acer makes a persuasive case.
- Memory: The available memory in Acer laptops makes them an attractive deal for anyone who wishes to stock substantial gaming paraphernalia. You can find as much as 32GB of RAM in many machines and storage space to the tune of 512GB or more. A configuration like this lets you make the most of enthralling AAA games at moderate to high settings. Acer also provides open slots for straightforward upgradability. If your requirements change over time, you can choose to upgrade the memory as opposed to investing in a brand new laptop. The process is simple and requires minimal tinkering.
- Customization: Many Acer gaming devices let users adjust key settings such as overclocking, fan speeds and gaming profiles. For instance, the Predator series offers “Predator Sense”—a brilliant app to adapt your system’s hardware and software to deliver a highly personalized experience. It also permits you to keep tabs on the temperature of the CPU and the GPU. A neat Turbo button allows you to maximize the cooling to witness a much smoother gaming experience for a long time.
- Good-quality sound: Unlike some cost-effective laptops that cut corners in the sound department, Acer manages to deliver pleasant audio. Some gaming laptops utilize Waves MAXXAudio technology while others come with WAVES NX 3D SOUND. The speakers are finely tuned in accordance with the Acer True Harmony technology, thereby ensuring smooth and high-quality audio. Since many games rely on audio effects for the ultimate experience, this is one department that can make or break a deal.
- Narrow-bezel display: Gamers demand an immersive audio-visual experience, and a thin bezel contributes majorly to this. Acer utilizes this design principle in many laptops, bringing to users absorbing screen-to-body ratios of 78% or more. In fact, the overall display finesse is quite impressive even in affordable gaming laptops by Acer. You can find sharp color accuracy, support for In-Plane-Switching, and refresh rates as high as 144Hz. The IPS-compatible panel ensures you can sit back and game from various positions, collaborate with competitors, etc., without facing any pixelation.
- Connectivity: Having multiple options to stay connected is another major bonus of Acer laptops. From USB ports to HDMI, display ports to webcams, Wi-Fi to Ethernet controllers, you can get a good variety of options to connect to peripherals, communicate with peers, etc. Many laptops also include an inbuilt USB Type-C port that lets you transfer data rapidly and enjoy quick charging. In the gaming marketplace, budget-friendly laptops frequently compromise on connectivity to deliver competitive prices. Acer manages to accomplish this tricky task quite well.
- Battery backup: For anyone who values un-tethered usage, Acer is a winning brand. Its laptops tend to run unplugged for a considerable amount of time—even the ones with mighty processing configurations. You can expect 5–6 hours of run-time on a single charge, depending, of course, on your usage patterns.
- Keyboard: Acer machines have durable, well-built keyboards that can facilitate fired-up gaming sessions. You can find comfortable key-travel distances that don’t make your fingers feel cramped. The backlighting is good, too, and lends a dazzling aura to the proceedings. (While some machines do offer per-key backlighting, others use a single color, predominantly red.) The use of WASD keys and dedicated zones further amp things up.
Other Considerations Before Buying an Acer Gaming Laptop
One crucial aspect you should consider is the processor—the core of any gaming laptop worth its salt. Acer provides both Intel and AMD options. You can find CPUs as efficient as Intel Core i9, although Intel Core i7 and i5 processors are also available.
If you are on the lookout for a cheaper purchase—but one that supports excellent multitasking—you can settle for an AMD CPU.
AMD machines have emerged as popular options in recent times for their suitability to multitasking, thanks to their multiple cores/threads. The money saved can happily go toward gaming accessories, peripherals, external displays, etc.
A particularly charming aspect of Acer machines is the neat way in which they utilize specialized technologies to deliver superior color and audio. The Acer Color Intelligence technology, for instance, brightens your imagery, sharpens the contrast and makes any A/V experience a great deal more pleasurable. On the auditory front, the Acer True Harmony technology lets you hear all the details without noise, whether you are gaming or conducting a video call.
On the flip side, some users find that Acer gaming laptops tend to get heated up quickly. This can create a potential slowdown in your gaming experience. Also, when the shell becomes too hot, it can be uncomfortable for the user. However, the company has been working on this problem by employing aeroblade fans for increased airflow.
Acer also struggles with a “cheap” reputation with some users, who rate it behind market leaders with more expensive offerings and arguably better build quality. While the competition is indeed fierce, Acer has a good thing going for itself. It takes the cheap presumption in its stride and aims to optimize its offerings while keeping the price tag from getting bloated.
Our Picks: 10 Best Acer Gaming Laptop 2020
The list below recommends the ten best gaming laptops from the Acer family available in the market today. No matter what your budget or requirement, there should be a pick that fits right in.
|Recommended Specs for
Acer Gaming Laptop
|CPU||Intel Core i7 (Up to 4.5GHz)|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX/RTX|
|RAM||16GB DDR4 2666MHz|
|SSD||512GB PCIe NVMe SSD|
|Display||15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)|
|Weight||Under 6 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 6 Hours|
|OS||Windows 10 Home|
1. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD (Recommended)
A full-purpose, all-rounder gaming laptop, the 15.6” Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-72XD packs a massive punch.
It offers an Intel i7-10750H processor, 16GB RAM, a 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics, and DTS X technology for terrific audio.
This configuration will let you play your favorite AAA games comfortably. Moreover, you are assured of long-term usage, thanks to the metallic 3D fan that effectively dissipates heat.
The FHD monitor delivers a refresh rate of 144Hz and a response time of 3ms to ensure that delays and lags are minimal during games with multiple transitions. You also get a brightness of 300 nits and a color gamut of 72% NTSC for color accuracy.
If you’re looking for a portable laptop, this 5.51lbs laptop with six-hour battery life and plenty of connectivity options can be a good choice.
Not only can you avail of Killer DoubleShot Pro (802. 11ac Wi-Fi) but also access multiple USB ports (including a Type-Cone) and an HDMI port.
2. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-73L3 (Best 300Hz)
When it comes to discussing the best gaming laptops from Acer, the Acer Predator Triton 500 is hands down the best.
The device features a durable all-metal chassis with sharp curved edges for a sleek and modern look to the device.
The Predator Triton 500 is powered by the 10th generation Intel Core i7-10750H along with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics with Max-Q Design for effortless gaming experience beyond your expectations.
This 15.6” FHD display device also features 300Hz refresh rate along with 3ms overdrive response, making this one of the few Acer devices with the same features.
In terms of the performance, the device is backed by a combination of 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD for storage along with 16GB DDR4 RAM for smoother user experience beyond comprehension.
It has a RGB-backlit keyboard, one that looks stunning even when you are beating your opponents in the dark.
3. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-54-77TH (Best 17-inch)
While we discussed about Helios 300 already, the 17-inch variant of the device is just as good, if not better.
It has a pretty similar design like the standard version of the device, the only difference being the size of the display. Overall, it does have a pretty rugged design.
The 17.3” FHD widescreen LED-backlit display offers a crisp and clear visual of the games that you are playing without any hindrance at all.
It is also equipped with 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms overdrive response for quicker and effortless gaming experience and overall performance of the device.
It is powered by a combination of 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU that offers irreplaceable user experience without any glitches or buffering.
The Helios 300 PH317-54-77TH also comes with 1TB NVMe SSD for storage with 16GB RAM for smoother gameplay beyond your imagination.
4. Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52-78W1 (Best 144Hz)
When talking about gaming laptops from Acer, the Predator Triton 300 is likely one of the leading bestsellers in the market right now.
Not just the stunning design and build of the device, this one stands out in terms of the other features too.
It has a very standard Acer like design with the bulky build with the rounded edges.
The 15.6” FHD display allows you to enjoy some of your favorite games with 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms overdrive response. This ensures crisp and clear visuals without any complications at all.
The best part of this gaming device is the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H hexa-core processor. It is equipped with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU with 6GB VRAM for smoother multitasking.
As for the storage and memory, it is equipped with 1TB NVMe SSD for storage along with 16GB RAM. It also has 4-zone backlit keyboard for an even more sleek design. It runs on the Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating system.
5. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-736J (Best 240Hz)
The design and build of this one is pretty much the same like the prior one. The curved edges with the 4-zone RGB backlit keyboard is something that is a signature design of Acer.
The 15.6” FHD 240Hz display is a standalone winner in this device that allows a smoother gameplay and visual experience unlike anything else.
As for the processors, it is powered by the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H CPU with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU for smoother gaming experience beyond your expectations.
This gaming laptop is equipped with 512GB SSD for fast storage options along with 16GB RAM for better performance. The thermal solutions of the device is pretty amazing too with the 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan.
6. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-742J (Most Powerful)
The successor to the Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-73L3, this version of the Triton 500 is considered the most powerful gaming laptop from Acer to date.
The design and build of the device is all the same, especially when compared to the existing gaming devices from Acer.
The 15.6” FHD widescreen LED-backlit display is equipped with the NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology for crisp visuals. It also comes with 300 Hz refresh rate with 3ms overdrive response. The 300 nits brightness with 100% sRGB enables you to experience true to life colour on the screen.
The best part about this gaming device that makes this the most powerful option of the lot is the 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD for storage along with 32 GB DDR4 RAM for enhanced memory options. It also features the 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan for better thermal management.
7. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-71K5
The Predator Triton 500 is likely one of the best gaming laptops in the market at the moment, especially for individuals who don’t want to compromise on the affordability of the device.
This 15.6” device is equipped with 1920×1080 pixels screen resolution. It also has a refresh rate of 300Hz.
It is also powered by the Intel Core i7-10750H processor NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Max-Q Design GPU for effortless gaming experience unlike anything else in the market. The battery life of 5.5 hours is not the best.
It features 1TB NVMe SSD for storage along with 16GB RAM for effortless gameplay. The 4th Gen Aeroblade cooling technology ensures the best thermal solution and keeps the noise in check.
8. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44-R078 Gaming Laptop
Have you considered purchasing an AMD Ryzen gaming laptop?
The 15.6” Acer Nitro 5 is an interesting choice for anyone who wishes to save precious dollars but enjoy a satisfying, multitasking-friendly experience.
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 CPU, 8GB RAM, a 256GB SSD and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics, this laptop is adept at running most modern games comfortably.
Thanks to the AMD Ryzen processor, you can experience efficient architecture (6 cores) and the improvement it brings to gaming.
Acer has built a well-rounded laptop, complete with MaxxAudio for superior sound, HDMI ports to let you plug into external displays, and an RGB-backlit keyboard for working/playing in lowly lit surroundings.
Plus, since the chassis weighs only 5.51lbs, you can carry it with you without developing hunched shoulders. Yay for all competitive gamers who need to travel frequently for events and marathons!
9. Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-77P9
Weighing only 4.63lbs and measuring a compact 0.7” in thickness, this device offers speedy processing (Intel Core i7-10750H CPU) and excellent graphics (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER).
It also delivers a vivid display with a brightness of 300 nits, a refresh rate of 300Hz and a quick response time of 3ms. Since the graphics card comes with G-SYNC, any delays and lags are substantially reduced, adding to your enjoyment of the game.
This is a powerful gaming laptop, packed with as much as 32GB RAM and a 1TB SSD. Keeping things sustainable is a fantastic cooling mechanism with three fans and one metallic aeroblade fan.
Interestingly, this laptop delivers a long-lasting battery life of up to eight hours. Add to that its compatibility with Killer DoubleShot Pro and your online gaming experience can be both exhilarating and unplugged.
10. Acer Nitro 7 AN715-52-715S Gaming Laptop
For those looking for a budget-friendly gaming computer, the under-$1000 AN715-52-715S is a smart pick.
This 15.6″ laptop is driven by an Intel i7-10750H processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti graphics, and up to seven hours of battery life.
You get 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD—not a bad deal for the price. Also, Acer has provided an open slot to make upgrading quite simple.
On the display front, this device is fitted with an FHD monitor that supports IPS and has a brightness of 300 nits.
The best part is the use of narrow bezel (0.29″), realizing a screen-to-body ratio of 78%. You can truly immerse yourself in the content with almost zero external interference. The use of Waves MAXXAudio technology ensures high-quality audio output.
This laptop is quite travel-friendly, weighing about 5.51lbs and offering a red-backlit keyboard for use in dimly lit environments.
- 10 Best ASUS Gaming Laptops 2020
- 10 Best MSI Gaming Laptops 2020
- The 5 Best Dell Gaming Laptops 2020
Pros and Cons of Acer Gaming Laptops
If you haven’t used an Acer gaming laptop before, it is likely that you will want to go through the pros and cons before making a final decision.
Remember that not every device from Acer will be top notch but that doesn’t mean that the same is applicable to all the devices available around.
In case you are struggling with your decision of whether or not to buy an Acer gaming laptop, we have some Pros and Cons lined up for you to go through.
- Acer gaming laptops are extremely affordable in comparison to the other devices in the same price range.
- The devices are highly functional with some of the latest processors, including the Intel Core i7 and i9 processors or alternatively the AMD Ryzen 4000 mobile processors.
- The Acer gaming laptops are lightweight and come with a durable and innovative design.
- These gaming laptops are found in variety of price ranges and functionalities, letting the users choose depending on their needs and requirements.
- Acer doesn’t have the best after sales service and service centers across.
- Some gaming laptops from Acer don’t stand out in terms of the display they provide.
Acer has established itself well in the gaming domain and now features among the best manufacturers of game-friendly laptops. Acer’s offerings provide the latest technologies such as per-key RGB backlighting and bandwidth optimization for terrific online gameplay. That said, it also prioritizes cost-effectiveness, offering many powerful laptops in the $1000–$2000 price bucket.
While selecting an Acer gaming machine, it is important to drill down to the basic needs that mean the most to you. Do you require speedy processing and tons of storage space to ensure fast-paced performance? If so, pick a stellar performer like the Acer Predator Triton 900 or the Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-53-77X3.
Does portability matter a great deal to you as you are a frequent traveler, student, etc.? A device like the Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-51-73Z5 may be a better fit for your lifestyle. Similarly, other criteria that might dictate your purchase decision include display and audio-visual splendor, options for connectivity and amount of unplugged usage.
An Acer gaming laptop can serve you well, whether you are a hobbyist, an enthusiast or a regular user who also likes to play games. Choose well.