If there is one aspect of design that computer manufacturers have really experimented with, it is size. From mammoth computers that took up an entire room to store to tiny, lithe machines that can fit into backpacks, computers have truly transformed with time.
Not only are these machines leaner and meaner but they are also built on the intuitive utility of a mid-sized form factor.
Today, many top computer makers have launched 14-inch models for their popular product line-ups.
Brands like Acer, ASUS, MSI and Lenovo have perfectly competent offerings that can fuel up your life, complete day to day tasks, as well as fire up your imagination with gaming, multimedia creation and editing.
At the face of it, these mid-sized laptops seem to be a good balance for those who find 15-inch computers too big and 13-inch computers way too tiny.
But how powerful, really, is a mid-sized laptop? Does it genuinely achieve a golden mean between its edgier counterparts or boil down to being an average, flash in the pan innovation that doesn’t deliver on its promise?
In this exhaustive review of the top 14-inch laptops of the present times, we discuss the merits of these machines and how far they optimize their unique form factor.
We also discuss the considerations you must keep in mind while purchasing a 14-inch laptop as well as enlist the front-runners in the race.
With changing times, laptops have also evolved constantly. While large screens used to dominate the space at a time, the marketplace now abounds in computers with 15.6”, 14”, and 13” monitors. The smaller screen size directly improves portability, making the computer better suited to the grind of daily life.
Today, 14” laptops are trendy, even though some maintain that they rank behind their 15.6” cousins. But if you travel often and your day involves considerable working on the go, you should be able to derive a lot from a 14” form factor.
This is largely why you can find these notebooks all around you—from office spaces to cafes, from college campuses to hostel rooms. Manufacturers have started creating them in different designs and models too, such as convertibles and 2-in-1 laptops.
Choosing a laptop can be a complicated decision. There are multiple aspects to consider, from the screen size and the processing configuration to the display and the acoustics. In this article, we attempt to drill deep down into the world of 14” laptops and enlist some of the very best ones to choose from.
- Why Get a 14-inch Laptop over a 13-inch or 15-inch One
- Six Things in Any 14-inch Laptop Worth its Salt
- Our Picks: 10 Best 14 Inch Laptops for 2021
- 1. Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 14-inch Laptop
- 2. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 (14-inch)
- 3. LG Gram 14Z90P lightest 14-inch Laptop
- 4. HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-inch Laptop
- 5. MSI Modern 14 B11SB-288 14-inch Laptop with Dedicated Graphics
- 6. Dell Inspiron 14 5406 – Best Dell 14-Inch Laptop
- 7. ASUS ExpertBook B9450 14-inch Business Laptop
- 8. ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL (Best Dualscreen)
- 9. ASUS ZenBook 14 UX425EA (Under $1000)
- 10. ASUS VivoBook S14 S435EA (Best Budget)
- Bonus: Acer Swift 5 (Lightweight & Powerful)
- Buying a 14 Inch Laptop: Pros and Cons
- Market Overview: 14″ Laptop Brands to Choose From
- What to Expect in a 14” Laptop
- The Long and Short of It
Why Get a 14-inch Laptop over a 13-inch or 15-inch One
Have you been using a 13-inch laptop? You have probably fallen head over heels with the compact construction of your device and its effortless portability.
Likewise, if you have been working on a 15-inch laptop, you are unlikely to feel satisfied with anything that delivers a less enchanting display, specs as powerful, and usage as ergonomic.
But this is where a 14-inch laptop successfully combines the best of both worlds and provides an experience that suits contemporary lifestyles to a T.
It has adequate power and a reasonably-sized display without being unwieldy; indeed, many 14-inchers have NVIDIA GPUs and Intel i7 processors.
A standout reason to opt for a 14-inch laptop is its gaming excellence. If you are a gamer, a 13-inch laptop might not satisfy you.
The market doesn’t yet abound in 13-inch gaming laptops, so you will be hard pressed to find one with competent specs, long-lasting battery, and high-quality display.
A 15-inch laptop will deliver on all these counts, but it will also cost you a great deal more while being bulkier. Many 14-inch laptops manage to offer a pleasant gaming experience.
Another triumph of the 14-inch form factor is a comfortable keyboard that is easy to type on, even for long typing tasks. Some people find that 13-inch laptops have cramped keyboards that offer very little space to rest your fingers.
On the other hand, many 15-inch laptops offer keyboards with small and loosely spaced keys. A 14-inch laptop achieves a balance with an intelligent design that is convenient especially for those who type away for hours on end.
Six Things in Any 14-inch Laptop Worth its Salt
If you have chosen to opt for a 14-inch laptop, do ensure you purchase one that offers well-rounded performance in both processing and display.
The USP of a 14-inch laptop is the manner in which it blends the brilliance of its larger cousin (15”) with the mobility of its smaller sibling (13”).
So, be careful when you shell out money for a 14-inch laptop (with luck, you should find a good deal in the range of $800–$1200).
Here are six things you must definitely seek in a quality 14-inch laptop:
- High-speed processing delivered through an Intel Core i5 processor or above, complemented by at least 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage space.
- Superior graphics delivered through integrated Intel graphics or, if you desire exceptional imagery, a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card.
- Long-lasting battery life of at least 8–10 hours to guarantee that your laptop is portable and doesn’t have you hunting for charging stations for the greater part of the day.
- An FHD (Full High Definition) display (or above), preferably with support for In-Plane Switching (IPS). Some laptops also offer an anti-glare screen, a wide viewing angle, and high refresh rates.
- A lightweight build in the range of 2.2–3.5lbs and thickness of 0.5–0.7” so that you can easily lug your laptop along with you.
- An easy-to-use keyboard with a key-travel distance that isn’t harsh on your fingers and convenient spacing of keys for typing speed and comfort (Read: 10 best laptop with backlit keyboard).
Our Picks: 10 Best 14 Inch Laptops for 2021
Whether you require a computing partner for home or business, creative endeavors or entertainment, the chances are that there will be something on this list that fits right in.
Best 14 Inch Laptop – Recommended Specs
|Processor||Intel Core i7-1165G7 (up to 4.7GHz)
AMD Ryzen 7 4700U (up to 4.1GHz)
|Graphics||Intel Iris Xe Graphics
AMD Radeon Graphics
|Memory||16GB LPDDR4X RAM|
|Storage||512GB NVMe SSD|
|Display||14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
|Weight||Under 4 lbs.|
|Battery||Up to 15 Hours|
|OS||Windows 10 Home|
These 14-inch laptops claim to be just right for students, professionals, travelers, and gamer. They are also available in budgets that are more affordable than lofty.
1. Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 14-inch Laptop
In a world where everyone is constantly on a move and need a good portable and mobile workstation for themselves, the 14” laptops often serve the purpose right.
The Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 is hands down one of the best available options that you can come across when it comes to that category of device.
It looks stunning and elegant and comes with all the durability tests done to ensure long lasting finish without any further compromise.
As for the processors, it comes with the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor with 8 cores for effortless user experience. It is also programmed with the Radeon Graphics that further ensure crisp visuals and optimum color saturation.
The main limelight of the device is the 14” FHD widescreen IPS LED-backlit display with a screen resolution of 1080p. Coming round to the storage and memory options, it is equipped with 512GB SSD along with 8GB RAM for smoother user experience.
It is also one of the thinnest and lightweight devices on the market, weighing 2.65 lbs and supports a battery life of 11.5 hours, which again is pretty amazing, for a device of this calibre.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 (14-inch)
For the business professionals out there looking for the best laptop for their everyday need, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 8 (14-inch) is one of the best ones around.
The rugged look with the all-black interior and exterior makes this device a standout among all the available options.
It is also quite lightweight, ensuring that you wouldn’t have to compromise on the device’s portability.
The device supports up to 14” UHD 4K display has a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. It is powered by the 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10610U Processor with vPro for smoother and unmatched performance beyond your imagination.
In case you are wondering how good the storage and memory options are, it is programmed with up to 1TB SSD for storage along with 16GB RAM for memory options. It runs on up to Windows 10 Pro operating system.
3. LG Gram 14Z90P lightest 14-inch Laptop
Even with such a wide range of laptop availability in the market, the one thing that everyone struggles with is the portability and working while on the go.
The LG Gram 14Z90P makes that possible, all thanks to its lightweight and modern design.
Even with a little over the top price range of the device, it manages to bring you everything that you need in a lightweight yet highly functional laptop.
The device is equipped with a 14” WUXGA IPS LCD display with 1200p screen resolution.
It is powered by the latest 11th generation intel core i7-1165g7 processor and is approved by the Intel Evo platform for a multi-functional device.
The device is integrated with 512GB SSD for faster storage and data transfer and 16GB RAM for superior multitasking experience. The Intel Iris Xe graphics ensure superior graphics.
4. HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-inch Laptop
The HP Pavilion x360 is hands down one of the best ones in the market, packed with all the latest features and the specifications that you possibly need for a smoother user experience beyond your expectations.
The device comes with the edge to edge screen ration which is hands down the most stunning feature of the device that you will likely come across.
It also supports four versatile modes with a 80% screen to body ration. The 14” diagonal FHD IPS type display is multi-touch enabled and has a very premium look and feel to the device.
The higher bandwidth memory and the fast boot-up with the 512GB PCIe SSD along with 8GB RAM makes your user experience a lot better than what you’d imagine.
Not just that, the device is also secured with the BIOS recovery and protection that automatically keeps checking the health of the device for smoother user experience. It is also made with environmentally conscious elements ensuring low halogen and mercury free display as well.
5. MSI Modern 14 B11SB-288 14-inch Laptop with Dedicated Graphics
Compact devices are always versatile and helps you get around anywhere without hampering your work. Amidst all the available options, the MSI Modern 14 is hands down one of the best 14-inch laptops that you can likely get your hands on.
Featuring a stunning carbon grey design, the device is everything you need for uninterrupted performance and superior user experience. It is equipped with a 14” FHD IPS-level display with thin bezel design for improved screen to body ratio. It is also integrated with 60Hz refresh rate for smoother display.
As for the performance, the Modern 14 is powered by the Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce MX450 GPU for unmatched user experience.
It is also integrated with 512GB SSD for faster boot-up and storage along with 16GB RAM for superior multitasking like never before. It is backed with a backlit keyboard with multitouch user experience.
6. Dell Inspiron 14 5406 – Best Dell 14-Inch Laptop
The Dell Inspiron 14 5406 is an affordable 14” 2-in-1 laptop at under $800. Fortunately, it is also a good performer that is suitable for day-to-day needs.
This computer is driven by an 10th gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, 12GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD.
The FHD monitor has a narrow-border display that limits external interference and builds an immersive visual experience. It also has an IPS panel that makes viewing comfortable and free of distortion across different positions.
One of the most charming features of this laptop is its support for exceptional multimedia experiences, thanks to Dell Cinema.
Not only do you get a vivid display and high-quality sound, but you also enjoy minimal buffering while streaming. This makes it a particularly smart choice for anyone interested in audio-visual content.
7. ASUS ExpertBook B9450 14-inch Business Laptop
The ASUS ExpertBook B9450 is hands down the best business laptops in the market, featuring the latest functions and features.
The ExpertBook B9450 features a stunning elevated hinge design, otherwise known as the ErgoLift hinge for a comfortable typing experience without a damper.
The device is also equipped with a 14” FHD display with narrow bezels for enhanced screen to body ratio and an IR webcam.
This business laptop is powered by the Intel Core i7-10510U Processor with Windows 10 that offers the best professional grade performance unlike anything else in the same price range. The overall construction of this laptop is done with the durable magnesium alloy that ensures a lightweight design with a durable finish.
It is also backed with 512GB SSD for storage along with 16GB RAM for superior multitasking experience. It also comes with a separate built-in light bar compatible with Alexa for smoother user experience.
8. ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL (Best Dualscreen)
If there is one hi-tech device with the 14” dual screen, the ASUS ZenBook Duo UX481FL is hands down the one that you just can’t do without.
The combination of the 14” full HD nanoedge display with a glossy finish is the main device.
The second display with 12.6” matte touchscreen helps with easier multitasking experience by extending the screen without any hassle at all.
Next up on the configuration of the device is the 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Processor along with Intel UHD GPU for an improved user experience. It lets you tackle multiple applications at once without any issues that you will likely face around.
The best thing about this device is likely the fast storage and memory including the 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD along with 8GB RAM for smoother productivity and performance.
The design of this device is not the traditional one and comes with the ErgoLift design that ensures a comfortable typing experience with optimised cooling system.
It also comes with all the necessary connectivity options that ensure faster data transfer and seamless user experience. It does support the USB-C ports, if that is perfect for smoother performance.
9. ASUS ZenBook 14 UX425EA (Under $1000)
With a unique, compact touchscreen and a body-weight of only 2.58lbs, the ASUS ZenBook 14 UX425EA is among the smallest 14” laptops in its league.
This high-performer is fueled by a powerful 11th gen. Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, 8GB RAM, a 512GB SSD, and Intel Iris Xe graphics.
The FHD screen follows a narrow-bezel design to realize a screen-to-body ratio as high as 92%. But the innovative “screenpad” takes the cake with its intuitive understanding of your multitasking needs.
For instance, you can switch between apps, use handwriting to take notes, or convert the screen to a numeric keypad. We also love the hinge-based construction of this laptop that facilitates better cooling, audio and typing.
10. ASUS VivoBook S14 S435EA (Best Budget)
If you are particular about finding a mid-range yet highly functional 14” laptop, the ASUS VivoBook S14 S435EA is hands down the best option in the market.
Aside from the stunning space grey design, the device is also backed with a compact yet highly functional 14” FHD 400 nits IPS-level display with narrow bezels and 90% screen to body ratio.
The device is part of the Intel Evo platform for ensuring users with prompt responsiveness and ideal performance.
It also ensures extended battery life with the 80Wh integrated battery in the device. The VivoBook S14 is designed with a highly durable metal chassis with 16mm z-height.
Aside from the overall durable design, the device also features the stunning backlit keyboard with an ergonomic setting for a more comfortable typing experience.
It is integrated with a fingerprint sensor for secure log-in. As for the storage and memory, it features 512GB SSD for storage and 8GB RAM for superior multitasking.
Bonus: Acer Swift 5 (Lightweight & Powerful)
Lightweight 14” laptop with brilliant multimedia support
Giving ASUS bitter competition in the territory of portable laptops is Acer with its new 14-inch laptop—the Acer Swift 5 SF514-55TA-74EC.
It is temptingly priced; optimistically, you can claim it has a sub-$1200 price range. Within, this laptop houses an Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor, 16GB RAM, and 1TB of SSD storage.
While these seem to be basic specs, they prove to be adequate for day to day tasks like checking your e-mail or completing assignments for school and work.
The 11th gen i7 processor is quite sturdy and multitasking-friendly, delivering a satisfactory processing speed and efficiency. This laptop also has a fairly pleasant display comprising an FHD screen, an IPS panel, and a multi-touch provision.
A particularly noteworthy feature of this computer is its multimedia prowess. Equipped with Dolby Audio and the Acer TrueHarmony technology, it succeeds in delivering true-blue sound that elevates any content you playback.
The experience belies the fact that it is a 14-inch laptop designed to run on the go. Another powerful innovation you can experience with this laptop is the Acer Color Intelligence technology—it makes everything vivid, sharper, and captivating.
On the portability front, this 14-inch laptop is tremendous. It weighs 2.31lbs which makes it one of the lightest on our list. Its profile is also astonishingly lean at 0.59”; so, slipping it into backpacks will not be a hassle at all.
You can stay connected with peers and colleagues via Skype, issue voice commands through Cortana, and log in with only your fingerprint via Windows Hello—all quite useful when you are working outdoors.
It is just the battery backup that somewhat reduces its utility as a take-me-with-you machine: it lasts for eight hours, less than many other options on this list.
- 10 Best 13 Inch Laptops
- 10 Best 15 Inch Laptops
- Top 10 Best AMD Ryzen Laptops 2021
- Top 10 Best Ultrabooks 2021
- The 10 Best Laptops for College Students
Buying a 14 Inch Laptop: Pros and Cons
So, will a 14” notebook be the right fit for your lifestyle? Here is a quick list of the pros and cons you can expect from this range of laptops. It will help you make a considered decision.
- This screen size makes for a portable laptop. A 14” monitor is easy to work on even when you are on the go, traveling in public transport, or working in cramped spaces like an airplane seat.
- Build-wise too, most 14” laptops are lightweight and slim. You can carry them around with you in backpacks without the risk of developing a backache. Their light build makes them good traveling companions.
- The 14” size is a good middle ground between a large, 17” laptop and a 15.6” laptop, which, in recent times, has also become popular. You might find these laptops even more portable than their 15.6” cousins without cutting too many corners in terms of performance.
- In terms of industrial design, 14” laptops can be exemplary. They need to maximize the (limited) space available to them—a task they manage in style. Some users feel that the keyboard, in particular, fits better in a 14” chassis. You will find that the empty space on either side is minimal. This makes the construction space-efficient and also contributes to a better typing experience.
- If you want a larger screen size in this model, even that is virtually possible with HDMI- and display ports. All you need to do is connect to an external display for a larger-than-life experience. This is useful to screen presentations, project movies to an audience, etc. You are effectively viewing things on a large canvas without actually having to lug around a larger laptop.
- With many 14” laptops, you can get a screen that has an optimal resolution of 1920 x 1080. This is usually ample for content in various formats. So, although you do not have a 15.6” screen, you can still enjoy the same resolution you would have on a bigger notebook.
- Some users feel that a 14” screen is too small for comfort. If you use your laptop a lot, especially for coding, writing, etc., a small screen might make you develop a headache or eye strain.
- For lovers of portability, a 15.6” laptop can be a great option as well. It offers a larger screen while maintaining a lightweight chassis that is, in many cases, as light as many 14” laptops.
- If you are watching your budget, you might be surprised to find that several 14” laptops are expensive—even more so than their 15.6” peers.
- Not many line-ups of 14” laptops exist in the marketplace today. Most manufacturers have brought out a series or two. Consequently, it is rare to find a 14” laptop that meets your needs as compared to one in a bigger screen size.
- Ultimately, your decision will directly depend on your priority. Do you value portability the most? Is a small screen size suitable for your standard computing needs? If so, you are likely to enjoy working on a 14” computer.
Market Overview: 14″ Laptop Brands to Choose From
As the demand for portable computing has risen, more and more computer makers have jumped onto the bandwagon. You can find several brands with interesting line-ups of 15” and 14” laptops.
Indeed, many have also come up with 11” and 13” laptops—hyper-mobile notebooks intended for fast-paced lifestyles. This competitive dynamic bodes brilliantly for consumers as they get several options to choose from.
You can find budget-friendly picks starting as cheap as under $300. You can also purchase 14” laptops tailored to multimedia needs such as editing, content creation, and streaming.
Most top manufacturers now have stakes in the 14” marketplace. Among the leading brands are Acer, Asus, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, and MSI. Here are a few highlights to give you an overview of your options:
- Asus: This brand has a clear edge when it comes to portable computing. You can find lightweight, sleek laptops that nonetheless offer cutting-edge features like screenpads, dedicated numeric keypads, and ergonomic hinges.
- MSI: If you plan to use your laptop for creative pursuits like film-making and photo editing, MSI has excellent options for you. Many 14” laptops from the MSI stables offer dedicated graphics, brilliant colors, and an engaging visual experience.
- HP: HP will appeal to the cost-conscious crowd that also wants to maximize performance, responsiveness and durability. You can easily find cheap 14” HP laptops that are incredibly responsive, portable, and have long-lasting batteries.
- Huawei: If you want a high-performing, all-rounder 14” laptop, Huawei can serve you well. Its MateBook line-up offers competent processing, immersive displays, good sound output, and long battery life. You can even enjoy dedicated graphics and security features like fingerprint-based login.
- Lenovo: Smart design, flexibility of usage, and a host of innovative features set Lenovo 14” laptops apart. The convertible design is particularly useful, letting you use the laptop as a tablet, full workstation, entertainment portal, etc. Lenovo has also invested in good-quality sound. Dolby Atmos helps deliver an enthralling auditory experience even in compact 14” computers.
What to Expect in a 14” Laptop
The 14” size has become incredibly popular with many audiences today for the deft manner in which it combines portability with functionality. If you have decided to venture out and bring home one of these notebooks, here is a ready list of the configuration and other features you should seek.
- The processing compartment: Most laptops in this space offer upwards of an Intel Core i5 processor supported by at least 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. More powerful machines employ an Intel Core i7 CPU with 8GB RAM and SSD storage to the tune of 512GB. The advantage of getting an SSD is improved read/write speed along with a lower rate of wear and tear.
You can find computers with equivalent AMD processors; they will come in cheaper than their Intel counterparts. The primary consideration is to seek a CPU that can efficiently handle your daily computing activities.
So, if your usage is CPU-draining—for example, wireless streaming or multitasking on spreadsheets—you will have to invest in a meatier processing compartment.
- Display and graphics: You can easily find 14” laptops with FHD screens, support for IPS, and an optimal screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. On the budget end of the spectrum are laptops with HD monitors and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
If you get a computer with a narrow bezel, you can effectively maximize the available screen real estate. This lets you work, watch videos, etc., in a highly compelling experience.
In fact, some laptops have a screen-to-body ratio as high as 92%! This dispels all fears about a 14” screen being too small for comfort.
Also, depending on your budget and requirements, you can choose between integrated and dedicated graphics.
If you need to engage in activities like multimedia editing or content creation, you stand to benefit from a dedicated graphics processor like NVIDIA GeForce MX250.
Note: Not many 14” laptops offer dedicated graphics. You will also need to account for a higher budget if you do opt for a GPU.
Another choice you need to make pertains to touch. For portable laptops and those that allow multi-mode use (tablets), a touch display can come in handy. You typically don’t need a touchscreen if you plan to use the laptop as a stationary workstation.
- The sound chamber: While 14” laptops are high on mobility, many of them manage to deliver good sound. If audio quality is high up on your list, look for Dolby Atmos sound, large speakers, and spacious resonant chambers. Some laptops utilize a hinge-based design which also enhances the sound output, besides easing the heat dissipation and improving your typing comfort.
- Battery backup: Reasonably long unplugged usage is important for a 14” laptop since portability is one of its main draws. Look for battery backup of eight hours and above. You can even find notebooks that offer 15 hours of power on a single charge. If you get a quick-charging battery, you can work freely from anywhere, powering up whenever you get the chance.
- Build and construction: Lightweight but sturdy is the way to go here. A standard 14” laptop weighs about 2–4lbs, which is easy to carry around with you. Also, check that the profile is thin enough to slide into backpacks. If you are a frequent traveler, you can also get military-standard construction for extra durability during traveling.
- Security: This is a direct offset of portability and working in shared environments. For your 14” device to be secure and keep your data confidential, you need a dependable security provision such as HP’s Bios. Some laptops come with a fingerprint reader that allows password-free login. The added biometric security makes a great deal of a difference when you are working in a collaborative setting like a shared office.
The above is the bare minimum you should seek in a standard 14” laptop. Besides these features, you should also look for ample device support and connectivity options such as USB ports, HDMI ports, and Wi-Fi compatibility.
A well-built keyboard is yet another deal-maker, especially if you are a programmer, writer, etc., who makes extensive use of those buttons all day long.
Some 14” computers offer keyboards with dedicated numeric keypads. These are useful for anyone who frequently inputs numbers for data entry, mathematical computation, and associated activities.
The Long and Short of It
With changing times, designs and specifications of computing devices may vary. But one thing that eternally remains essential is the comfort of usage.
A 14-inch laptop has emerged as a candidate deserving of the attention of the millennial, particularly for the way it optimizes performance and design.
Not only do you get a machine that is mighty enough to cater to everyday pursuits as well as demanding endeavors, but the device is also free of the challenges of limited space, cramped peripherals, and sub-par display and graphics.
Moreover, these devices have proved to possess a knack for adaptability; you can find a pick that doubles up as a gaming companion, a binge-watch specialist, a school-assignment expert, or a work-commitment champion.
As 14-inch laptops become popular, other computer manufacturers are expected to announce their offerings in this space.
Until then, you would be safe with one of the laptops on this list since all of them come from well-established families with a long history of manufacturing dependable yet modern laptops.
Pick one according to the priority closest to your heart—budget, battery life, processing power, lightweight design, customized requirements, you name it.